[ch.17] i'm not safe around them

Valentina's pov;

So it was true. My step father had threatened my dad to kill me and Bailey if he stopped participating in drug dealing. My step father was behind all of it. My dad explained the whole drug dealing story to the officers, which added another year in jail for my step father.

Everyone that participated in the drug dealing were now jailed for a couple of months. They weren't dangerous like my step father, they were actually quite innocent.

My dad was fined $7 000 due to him being apart of the drug dealing. Instead of attending jail for nearly a year, they had decided to
charge him for participating in the drug dealing.

My dad had the money for it so he paid right away and was let out.

He is no longer a drug dealer.
He is officially safe...

He is still in the gang with Bailey, which isn't as bad as drug dealing but still very dangerous.

It reminded me of the outsiders with the greasers and the socs. My dads gang are similar to the greasers as they don't have as much money and mostly wear leather jackets whereas the other gang are more wealthy in money and have a sophisticated style.
I found it quite fascinating.

My dad, Bailey and I are currently sat in the living room and watching tv.

A knock on the door interrupted the calm environment. It was around 9:30pm, which left me confused as to why someone would come to our house at this time.

"I'll get it," I huffed as I got up lazily, my dad and Bailey responding with a quiet thank you.

I opened the door slowly with an irritated expression to show the unknown person we weren't really expecting visitors.

I fully opened the door to reveal Timothy stood there. He was covered in more bruises again. What was happening to him?

"Timothy? What happened?" I whisper-shouted as I stepped outside and closed the door quietly.

"They found me," he pursed his lips as he looked away from my gaze.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion before soon realising that he was talking about his gang.

"And they beat you again?" I guessed as he nodded in return.

"Look, Timothy, I would let you in but Bai-" I started but was cut off.

"Hey, Val. Who's her-" Bailey stopped mid sentence as his eyes landed on Timothy.

"Great..." I sighed.

"What is he doing here?" Bailey glared at me.

"He needs help." I frowned as I glanced at Timothy to see him giving Bailey a smug look.

The cocky Timothy is back.

"Needs help? For what? His sexual needs?" Bailey responded sarcastically.

"Bailey!" I scolded him as my eyes widened.

I heard Timothy snicker and I gazed at him again as I watched him smirk at Bailey.

Bailey rolled his eyes as he took a step towards him. Timothy remained still on his spot as he watched my twin brother approach him.

"You should leave," Bailey growled, his face inches away from Timothy's.

Timothy's smirk grew. "Who's going to make me?"

I glanced down at Bailey's clenching fist.
This couldn't be good.