[ch.6] bye tree house, hello new home

Valentina's pov;

It was the next morning after I had came out to Bailey and my dad. The three of us were currently walking around my tree house and collecting as much things as we could.

"Jesus, where did you get the money and credit cards?" Bailey asked with disbelief .

I let out a laugh. "Stole it from the dick himself, my step father... and some of it is mums."

My dad and Bailey exchanged looks before they broke down into slight laughter.

Minutes later we officially had almost everything from the fairly large tree house. I left some furniture as they were too large to bring in the car. I stood at my homemade wooden sliding door as tears spilt out of my eyes.

I was leaving my home; my tree house, my tree house that I built and moved into. I was going to miss it; I was attached to it.

I closed the wooden sliding door before walking around the small wooden balcony and descending down the ladder.

Dad and Bailey wrapped their arms around my shoulders as we walked further and further away from it.

I took one last look at it before turning back around, soft sobs escaping my lips.

My tree house was now not mine anymore.

〰️

We made it home a couple of minutes ago, both Bailey and I sitting on the couch and watching tv.

"Kids, I have something to spill," my dad said as he smashed his hands together.

Bailey and I both looked away from the tv and looked up at our dad.

"We are moving," he smiled.

My eyes widened while Bailey looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Why?" Bailey and I questioned in sync.

"Well you see I have a job now, Bailey," he said looking at Bailey as he said job.
"And I want Valerie to have a fresh start and new house. And Bailey we have lived in this house for thirteen years, it's time for a fresh start as a family. The house was getting old anyway."

Both Bailey and I exchanged glances and smiled.

"We are moving out tomorrow, be ready." Our dad smirked.

"What?" Bailey and I looked at our dad in disbelief.

He chuckled in response. "I brought the house last night."

"How?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

"I have my ways," my dad smirked once again before exiting the lounge room.

〰️

It was the next day in the afternoon. Bailey, dad and I were all standing in front of the house.

Of course it didn't affect me to leave the house, but it saddened dad and Bailey a bit.

We got into our dads car and backed out of the driveway, the moving truck trailing behind us as we drove to our new house.

We pulled up into the nicer part of town. All of the houses were double story and modern. I recognised the suburb almost immediately.

Then it hit me like a wave, my eyes widening slightly. This is where my mum and I used to live with my step father. I felt my heart race increase with nerves as I looked out the window.

We pulled up into Rosewood Avenue street minutes later and drove down the pretty road. Thank god my step father's house wasn't on this street. I knew it was around the block but I forced myself to not tell Bailey and my dad. They would flip and I didn't want to disappoint my dad.