Chapter 22

Zayn and Tony are walking to their lunch table, trays in hand and goofing off. Zayn can't help but feel really good. Tony had basically brought him back to life and he will be eternally grateful for that.

As Zayn's eyes scan any free table, they fall upon the lads and he sees Liam looking at him with sad puppy eyes.

"Hey, T do you mind if we sit with my friends?"

Tony turns and looks out to Liam, Louis, and Harry and smiles. "Whatever you want, bud."

And so they walk over to the table, Zayn sitting next to Liam and Tony sitting across from Zayn next to Harry. "Hi" Zayn says softly at them.

Liam's eyes widen. He's so shocked that Zayn's talking to them. "H-hi."

"How are ya?" Zayn asked popping a carrot in his mouth.

Liam nods, "Good. How are you?" he raises his brows.

Zayn smiles and that smile makes Liam happy. Its good to see his best friend happy again. "I'm fantastic actually."

Liam grins, "That's great, man. I'm happy you're feeling better."

Zayn sighs, "I'm really sorry that I've been ignoring you guys. I know you told me not to isolate myself, Liam but it was getting worse. I started dreaming about him and there were times where I think I see him. I thought I was going crazy and I just got more...depressed I guess." He stops and runs his fingers through his hair. "But I met Tony and he talked to me and he really helped me out. Now I'm feeling good."

Louis smiles, "That's great, Zayn. And don't feel bad. Its hard what you're going through and we can't be mad at you, especially now since you're smiling and talking to us." Liam nods in agreement.

Zayn flashes them a smile and turns his attention to Harry. "Haz, can we talk?"

Harry looks up from his food and shows a crooked smile. "Sure."

They both get up and head to an empty hallway. Harry leans against the wall with his arms crossed while Zayn stands and fiddles with his fingers.

"So what's up?" Harry breaks the silence.

Zayn looks up and into his emerald eyes. "I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry. You didn't deserve that and you really didn't deserve to get kicked in the balls."

"No, I'm sorry. What I did was totally and completely out of line and I'm so sorry I broke you and Niall up. I didn't realize how much he meant to you until you lost him. I'm sorry for doing this to you. My heart just like...broke when I saw how upset you were. I can't believe I did that to you. I'm such a dick" Harry panics.

Zayn sighs, "Its okay. You just wanted to see about your sexuality. Even though I have-I mean had a boyfriend. I just wish you maybe talked to me or something."

"Yeah, yeah I know I should've. I don't know what I was thinking...maybe I wasn't but it was really wrong. You were a taken man and I just...I don't know, it was really fucked up and low what I did and I'm truly very sorry."

Zayn pats his shoulder. "Its okay I forgive you. And even though I don't have my Niall things will get better. They only can get better, right? Like Liam said I'll just have to be patient and see what happens, ya know?"

Harry nods and smiles. "Liam's always going on about how you guys are made for each other. I'm pretty sure the time will come when you see each other again."

Zayn begins to walk off and Harry joins him, walking beside him. "Yeah, hopefully."

"So ya wanna hang out tonight?" Harry asked.