Chapter 21

Another week passes and Zayn stalks into pre-calc. He's still in his zombie-like stage, looking like shit. Everyone's eyes turn to him but right now he can give less fucks. He just really doesn't care anymore. Its like without Niall there's no sunshine. Zayn's world is just completely dark. He's locked in his room, doesn't talk to his parents and if he does its through text.

He doesn't even talk to the lads anymore and hasn't made up with Harry so he now sits alone during lunch at the empty table in the corner. He totally went against Liam's rule of isolating himself but shit has been getting harder. He was actually feeling okay for awhile until he started dreaming of his once lovely boyfriend and there are even times when he looks out the window and swears he sees him. Zayn thinks he's now 100% gone off the deep end.

"Has anyone seen Mr. Horan today?" Mr. Griswald asked. Realization flashes through his eyes a second later. "Oh! Yeah, he moved."

Zayn's frown deepens even more and he sighs banging his head on the desk.

"Zayn?"

Zayn's eyes snap up and they widen when he sees Niall standing in front of him with a warm smile graced on his beautiful face. Zayn blinks rapidly thinking its just a dream but Niall doesn't even flinch.

"N-Niall?" he croacks.

Niall's smile widens, "Yes, babe its me."

"I love you" Zayn says dazilly.

"I love yo-"

"ZAYN!"

Zayn turns his head over to Mr. Griswald who's standing there with furrowed brows. He looks back to the spot where Niall just was and frowns seeing he's gone...or was never there. He groans.

"Are you okay, Zayn?" Mr. Griswald asked worriedly. "You were talking to yourself."

"Y-yeah, I'm okay" he says.

Mr. Griswald nods, "Okay, well I just wanted to tell you that since Niall has moved I've found you a new tutor."

Zayn raises his eyebrows. "And who might that be?"

Mr. Griswald points to the back of the room. "Tony."

Zayn's eyes follow his finger and he finds a boy with buzz cut brown hair and fierce gray eyes. He also has stud earrings and snake bites. He's attractive but he's not Niall.

"I was thinking that today you could work with him since your mum told me you're having troubles at home and doesn't think its fit to have him over" Mr. Griswald explains.

Zayn nods and gets up, walking over to Tony. He sits down as Tony smiles at him. "Hi, I'm Tony" Tony waves.

Zayn nods, "So I've been told" he mumbles carelessly.

"Today we're learning vectors. I think they're easy. Get out your notebook" Tony says.

Zayn pulls out his blue notebook only to feel another wave of sadness wash over him. He stares down at the notebook eyeing the funny things Niall's written on it.

This class sucks plz save me.

Gimme some gum loser or i'll chop ur balls off.

This class blows u know what else blows? well lets just say it involves u and my dick;) jk jk all good things.

Hey i gotta joke. where do sick boats go? the dock! haha! u get it? i'm funny.

"Hey, you okay?" Tony asked.

Zayn snaps back to reality and looks at Tony. Tony gasps seeing tears flooding Zayn's eyes. Zayn sniffles and quickly wipes them with the back of his hand. "I-I'm fine."

Tony shakes his head. "No, you're not. You're crying. Stop acting like those girls who always say they're fine when they're not."

Zayn narrows his eyes at him. "You know what? Its really none of your God damn business Tony" Zayn says in an annoying voice trying to mock him.

Tony rolls his eyes and snatches Zayn's notebook from his hands. "Sorry for caring" he mumbles.

Zayn's angered expression softens. "I'm sorry. I've just been going through a lot." Zayn really feels sorry. Tony was only being nice and he's being a dick.

Tony smiles sympathetically. "I'm sorry you're having troubles."

Zayn sighs, "Its okay. Its not your fault."

"May I ask who's it is?" Tony says biting his lip.

"My friend and my ex-boyfriend's mum."

Tony raises his brows and stays silent. Zayn takes this as a sign for continuing. "My ex walked in on me and my friend kissing and he got in a fight with my friend and then got in trouble with his mum and his mum kicked him out and now he's gone. He's moved away and he broke up with me."

"I didn't know you were gay" Tony says.

"Yeah, my boyfriend didn't think he was gay...but I changed that" Zayn mumbles.

Tony giggles and it startles Zayn but somehow Zayn slowly falls into giggling with him which breaks the tension more. Soon enough, Tony's laughing and Zayn begins to also. Zayn can't believe he's laughing but he is and its full on laughing with his eyes crinkling and his tongue between his teeth. What he said wasn't even that funny but he's laughing hard and long. He's feeling happy again. He's talking to someone. Sure he has the lads and his parents whenever he needs them but sometimes its nice to talk to someone else. Zayn thought he was 100% gone but it seems he's wrong.

And for the rest of the lesson, Zayn and Tony don't get any work done but both of them could really care less. They're having too much of a good time to do vectors. Zayn's finally starting to feel himself again thanks to Tony and he's starting to like him. Not liking him as a crush but as a friend. They both have a lot in common and Zayn found out that Tony has a boyfriend but doesn't go to Brookside.

"Zayn?" Tony says. Zayn turns to Tony with a genuine smile on his face. "My boyfriend and I are going to this party this Friday and I just wanted to know if you wanted to go with us?"

Zayn bites his chapped lip thinking. Is he really ready to go back out in the world?

"Sure" he says.

"Awesome! Text me your address and we'll come pick you up" Tony says.

"Okay" Zayn replies happily. "You know, Tony I'm really starting to like you" Zayn pats his shoulder.

Tony smiles, "The feeling is mutual."

—-

Okay that's chap 21. Will this party be good? Hmm...