Chapter 10

"Zayn?"

Zayn snaps his head up to Harry who's handing him a funnel cake with hot fudge on it.

Zayn smiles slightly and takes it. "Thanks, mate."

 They begin to walk to off to the ferris wheel when Harry asks, "Zayn, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Harry stops in his tracks and gives him a hard look. "That's bullshit and you know it! What's going on? Please, tell me."

Zayn sighs, "Harry, its really nothing."

"That's bullshit too! Its obviously bothering your arse! Now spill it."

Zayn bites his lip and meets Harry's emerald eyes. "Fine. Let's get on the ferris wheel first though."

Harry nods and they continue to walk till they're in line waiting. "Can you at least tell me what's it about? We're gonna be waiting for awhile."

Zayn sighs, "Its about Ni-"

Zayn hears laughter that interrupts him. He looks up to see Niall and Alicia hopping off the ferris wheel, laughing. Niall has his arm around her slender waist. When Niall looks up and their eyes meet, Niall and Alicia stop in their tracks. Zayn narrows his eyes and Niall does that same. You can see the anger flowing through those electric blues. Alicia's in a tight red dress with matching Vans and Niall's in a white tee, black shorts and Nikes.

He looks gorgeous and Zayn's pissed because he shouldn't be thinking about that right now. Fucking Niall and Alicia are here! He studies Alicia for the first time closely. She's beautiful but the blonde bitch is smacking her gum so loud people from America can hear it. Zayn just wants to slap her so hard she forgets her own name. But he just stands there and counts to ten in his head. He needs to keep calm. He can't have those 2 ruin his night.

"Zayn?" Harry's concerned voice snaps him out of his trance.

He latches onto Harry's arm and runs to the ferris wheel, tugging Harry along and plops down in one of the seats.

"Zayn! What the hell?!" Harry says, trying to level out his breathing.

"What?!" Zayn looks at him.

"Why'd you do that?! You pulled me like a damn rag doll!"

"Niall...I...h-he's there and he's with his g-girlfriend and..."

Harry wickedly smirks, "You so like him. What, are you jealous?"

"...Yeah."

"I knew it! And you ran off because you don't wanna see him with that bimbo?"

Zayn nods and blinks his tears away. Harry gives him an apologetic smile. "Its okay, mate. Maybe you should just move on, yeah? I mean, he is with someone and he definitely isn't gay and probably not bi."

"But I don't wanna move on! Its so hard! I really really like him! He doesn't like me! No one likes me!" Zayn whines and places his head on Harry's shoulder.

Harry sighs then begins to card his big hand through Zayn's touseled hair. "Zayn, I like you. A lot."

Zayn looks up at Harry, "Yeah, as a friend, Harold. I mean like like me."

Harry gulps, "Who said anything about as a friend?" 

Zayn's eyes widen, "W-what?"

"Nothing. L-let's just enjoy the ride" Harry looks off into the night sky.

Zayn's eyebrows scrunch in confusion but he turns away. But this is isn't nothing. Harry, his best mate, likes him. What?! Zayn doesn't like him like that. He likes Niall. Zayn can agree that sophomore year he liked Harry but never admitted to it and that crush faded away. Now Harry's admitting he liked him?! What a night.

—-

Monday rolls around and Zayn's bored arse is in pre-calc. Its the most boring class in the universe. He can't help but stare at the back of Niall's head though. Every time he does he clenches his pencil. He shouldn't be looking at that arsehole, he promised he wouldn't. He keeps having this mantra in his head going 'you don't like Niall'. Sadly, it doesn't work because he really really really likes him. Fuck.

"Zayn, can you come here please?" Mr. Griswald says.

Zayn stands up and heads to his desk. He's really nervous and gets even more nervous when he feels eyes burning in the back of his head. He knows 100% that its Niall giving him the death stare.

"Y-yes, Mr. Griswald?"

"Zayn, I've been looking at your grades and I must say they aren't the best. You have a 51. I really think you should consider tutoring."

Zayn sighs, "Thanks for the offer, sir but tutoring isn't something I want. I'm busy."

Haha. Busy? Zayn please you don't have life. All you do is eat, piss, sleep and watch Niall.

"I know it may not be what you want but its something you need. Its senior year, Zayn. You need to get these grades up if you wanna graduate this year."

Oh, hell yes he does. He doesn't wanna be stuck in this hellhole for another year or attend summer school. Fuck that.

"Fine" he grumbles.

"Good. Now someone will tutor you on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3-4" Griswald informs.

Zayn's eyebrows scrunch, "Who is this someone?"

"I haven't decided on that yet. I was thinking Hailey since she has the best grade in the class but she's been absent. So I'll set you up with someone who has the next best grade, which is..." Mr. Griswald types away at the computer till he meets Zayn's eyes again. "Niall Horan."

And Zayn's heart stops beating right there. "W-who?"

Mr. Griswald looks off and to Niall. "Niall, can you come here?"

Zayn stands their frozen. He doesn't dare to move. He can't believe this is happening. Niall's gonna be his tutor?!

"Yes, Mr. Griswald?" Niall says, trying not to look at Zayn.

"Zayn here isn't doing so well and you have an excellent grade. I think it'd be nice for you to tutor him" Griswald explains.

"No!" Niall shouts. Griswald gives him a confused look. "I-I mean, I'm busy, sir and I don't feel like I'm fit for the job."

"Really? Cause I called your mother about ten minutes ago and she said that you're not busy and she also said she thinks its a good idea for you to help others since you only care for yourself" Griswald says.

"Of course she did" Niall clenches his fists.

"So its a deal! You'll tutor Zayn on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3-4. If Zayn's grade starts to get better, I'll give you extra credit" Griswald smiles.

"Oh, how fantastic!" Niall fake smiles. He rolls his eyes and goes back to his seat. Zayn follows and he looks up at Niall through his eyelashes.

"Niall, you don't have-"

"Shut the hell up, Zayn. Just meet me at my house at 3."

Zayn nods and scurries to take his seat.

This keeps getting better and better.