Chapter 20

Niall has been gone for a week. A brutal seven days.

Zayn lays in his bed staring into space. He looks like complete shit. His hair is greasy and matted, skin is cracked and pale, eyes are bloodshot and have dark bags under them, he could really use some mint chapstick, and let's just say he smells like stale cheese crackers from not bathing in about two days.

He's been in the same spot for hours now, just under his toasty covers watching his ceiling fan spin non-stop. Oh, he really misses Niall. Zayn thinks he loves him. I mean, why not? Niall was pefect, still is. Sure he had baggage but doesn't everyone? To Zayn, Niall was perfect. His shimmering porcelain skin, piercing blue eyes, pearly white smile that could light up any room, contageous laugh, and his accent. God, don't even get Zayn started on his accent. That accent can turn broccoli on.

But Niall's physical appearance isn't the only thing Zayn loves. Niall was smart, funny, caring, brave, and understanding. So yeah, now that Zayn really thinks about it, he loves Niall. And now that he's gone it makes Zayn feel the familiar heart ache he's been having for the past days. Zayn would do anything to talk to Niall, to hear his voice. To touch his silky skin and kiss his perfect lips. But he can't and that kinda really makes Zayn wanna shoot up a convenience store. How could Maura do this to her own son? She couldn't see how amazing he is and that just adds to Zayn's edge of wanting to shoot up a convenience store.

A knock on the door shakes Zayn out his depressing thoughts. Trisha enters cautiously with a tray of tomato soup, a grilled cheese sandwich, and water. "Zayn?"

"Yeah, mum?" and whoa Zayn shocks himself by his voice because shit, he hasn't talked in awhile.

"I brought you lunch" Trisha sets the tray down on his side table.

"Thanks" Zayn mumbles.

"Honey, Louis and Liam are downstairs."

Zayn ignores her, now staring back at his ceiling fan.

"They're worried about you...I'm worried about you."

Again, no answer.

Trisha sighs at her silent son and sits on the bed next to him. "Zayn, baby you can't just lay her all day, its not healthy. You need to get out and socialize."

"No" Zayn pouts.

"Too bad. I'm having Liam and Louis come up" Trisha says leaving the room.

Zayn groans and shoves his face in his pillow, which by the way, smells like stale cheese crackers too.

He feels at peace until his bed shakes from Louis jumping on it. "Hey, Malik" Louis smiles.

Liam leans against the door shaking his head at his crazy boyfriend and depressed friend. "Zayn, you know I'm your best mate and I love ya and all, right?" he asked.

Zayn nods his head in the pillow. "Then please listen when I tell you this, this isn't healthy. To sit around your room all day and stare at the ceiling isn't right."

How did Liam know he was doing that?

"And I know that because I know you, Zee" Zayn cringes at the name. Only Niall called him Zee. "You need to get out and socialize and more importantly, bathe and clean this room because it looks like shit and smells like farts and cheese crackers."

"Seriously" Louis holds his nose.

"You need to get out this house" Liam says.

"No, you need to get out this house" Zayn replies sassily.

"Please?" Louis juts out his bottom lip and bats his eyelashes.

"I don't feel like it guys. I just don't wanna do anything" Zayn mumbles.