[26] less you know

Mirabella's pov

Mirabella's pov

"Terry." I pouted once i saw him crying. My heart shattered into pieces.

"Don't cry." I pulled him into a hug.

"What if we go out of business?" He cried even harder.

"We will work this out.." i rubbed his back with efforts to comfort him. Why did i think rubbing small circles on his back would make his problems go away? I dont know, but i wanted them to vanish anyways.

"We'll get the money back." Oscar cleared his throat as he pulled out his gun from his pocket.

What the fuck? He had that in his pocket this whole time? Why was he so quick to pull it out?

"I called the guys and we are gonna fix this." He explained to Javier and Terry. He said it in a reassuring tone, more reassuring than when i told Terry we'd work this out.

"What are you going to do?" I leaned against the cash register counter. I could feel my heart beat harder than before.

"Like i said. Im gonna get the money back." He said with such harsh tone. He said it as if i stole the damn money. I knew he wasn't mad with me, he was mad at the situation at hand.

"Okay." I spoke softly as i watched him tuck his gun into his waist band. I hated guns. There should never be something so powerful that could decide whether someone lives or not. We as humans should never get that opportunity to decide either.

I stood there quietly as they talked. I didn't have much to say. All i could think about was Oscar with a gun. Why am i shocked? Why wouldn't the leader of a gang have a gun? Why am I so naive?

Then 10 minutes later the guys showed up.

"Spooky! The van is ready." Martín walked in all excited. He had the energy of a kid in a candy shop.

I knew this wasnt going to be good. It never is.

"Okay hold on." Oscar shouted as he walked over to me. Every step he took instilled more fear in me. What if this was the last time i saw him?

"You gonna be okay without me?" He pulled me close to him. The sincereness in his eyes made me soften up.

"No not really." I stared out the window to see a white van. "W- what are you going to do?" I stuttered. You ever ask questions but don't really want the answers? That's me. I wanted lies. I wanted Oscar to feed me lies and not be honest with me.