[3] insecure

Mirabella's pov

Mirabella's pov

"C'mon! Just come join us." My sister begged.

"I have homework." I showed her my stack of papers.

"How do you have that much homework within the first week of school?" She looked over the papers to realize they weren't mine.

"I didn't know your name was Alina." She flipped through the papers. "Or Cecilia." She flipped even more. "Or Jade." She shook her head.

"Are they forcing you to do their homework again?" She grabbed the work from the table.

"Celine stop! Just leave it alone." I tried grabbing it from her.

"Mira! When are you gonna stop letting them control you? You do realize if you told them no that there isn't much they can do?"

"I dont want to be in a ditch because i said no to something i can easily do." I muttered quietly.

"Seriously? They can do their own homework." She shrugged as she grabbed my hand.

"Now let's go. They're waiting."

"I don't think i should go." I pulled away. I felt my chest begin to tighten.

"Why not? My friends love you! Especially Ruby. He's happy to finally be taller than someone else for a change." She grinned at me.

"Are you sure they like me?" I looked at my little sister as she nodded.

"Yes now let's go." She dragged me out the house.

"Okay." I muttered softly.

We made our way to Ruby's house. I could tell there were a lot of people inside by the lights and the voices. I was getting a little overwhelmed by it all. I get really stressed being around one person, this was a big crowd of people.

"You got this." Celine smiled as she pushed me through the door.

I walked in just to see the Jamal, Ruby and Monse. And another girl but i didnt recognize her.

"Oh my god is this her." The girl ran up to me and smiled.

I was really fucking scared. I looked at her nervously as she hugged me tightly.

"She's so tiny. Just like my baby Ruby." The girl smiled.

"Mira this is Jasmine." Ruby introduced her. "Just to clarify. She is not my baby." He cleared his throat.

I nodded my head and went to sit down next to Monse. I really liked her. Hanging out with the Fam it showed me how much she is under appreciated as a woman. Monse didnt say much to me. Out of all the people, i think she was the one who could see how much i dreaded when someone asked me something. She kept it minimal and i appreciated that.

She was a cool person. I admired how much she stood up for herself and for others. I wish i was as brave as her.

"Wheres Cesar?" Celine questioned as she sat on the other couch with Jamal. For some reason i get the vibe that Celine and Jamal like each other.

I think everyone knew it except for them. They are both clueless to it all.

"He's with Oscar." Ruby shook his head disappointedly.

"But he'll come over soon." Monse explained.

Who's Oscar? So adding on to me being a shy loser. I don't really know people.

I just knew that there were two gangs. The Santos and the prophets. I've seen some from both sides, but i dont know names. The less i know the better.

"Guys im hungry." Jasmine whined. "And you got no food."

"Well thats just too bad." Jamal laughed.

"Yeah i'm kinda hungry too." Celine mentioned.

"You are?" Jamal looked back at her as she nodded. "Okay guys lets go eat at Javier's i'm hungry." He was quick to stand up.

"I'll just tell Cesar to meet us there." Monse started typing on her phone.

"Wait Mira? You can't drive?" Ruby questioned as we started walking along the the block.

"Umm no."

"Why not?" Jasmine questioned as she put her arm over Ruby causing him to push her arm off of her.

"Yeah i thought you had a car." Jamal furrowed his brows.

"Oh yeah i do." I smiled.

"Sooo why dont we take it?" Jamal questioned slowly.

"I dont like driving." I shake my head.

My real dad past away due to a car hitting him. I was 10 years old.

So i grew a fear of cars.

The fact that someone can just lose their life just like that really fucks with my mind.

I noticed Celine nudging everybody to stop pressing on the issue.  I was grateful for that because i could feel the sadness seeping in. I didnt like to think about the past.

I eventually shrugged it off and followed everybody to the destination. Every step there was more and more regret on agreeing to come.

—sweeteasaint

Sooo for any new readers... i do this thing where at the end of a chapter i put a meme. Just for shits and giggles 🤪

Sooooooo enjoy

IM SO ANNOYED THAT WALMART LOCKS UP THE WHOLE DAMN STORE

Now i gotta ask a worker to give me my damn shampoo. (update: they no longer lock up my shampoo:)