[18] careless

Mirabella's pov

Mirabella's pov

"It's way too hot to be walking. I dont get why you won't just won't drive." Jamal whined as we walked along the block.

"Leave her alone." Cesar nudged him.

"I'm just saying." Jamal shrugged.

"Yeah... i'm gonna get a sock tan." Ruby pointed to his ankle socks.

"Sorry." I shrugged carelessly.

"Girl don't apologize. You're kinda saving the world." Jasmine smiled at me.

The guys continued to groan on the way to Cesar's place.

"Ayeeee its pepper spray girl." Martín chuckled as he got everyone's attention on us.

"Hi." I grinned at him.

"Nahh thats chamoy girl." Terry chuckled as he sat on the couch.

"Shut up." I laughed as i glanced over at Oscar.

We both said we wouldn't act super close in front of people. Just for the sake of my safety. Im socially awkward so it made things easy for me to distance myself.

Oscar believes that if we seem really close then rumors will spread and Tori will beat me up.

Supposedly she is threatening to kill the bitch Oscar was texting and that sorry bitch just happened to be me.

So nobody knows about our hidden friendship except for Terry and Cesar. That's about it. We both know neither one would spill because they dont want to see me, a girl who struggles to carry 2 textbooks get beat up.

"Make that guy stop staring at me." Jamal cried as he hid behind me.

"You are so dramatic." Celine whispered to him as she hugged Jamal.

I just laughed about it as we all followed Cesar inside his house. I could feel someone's eyes on me and it wasn't Oscar's. I never seen him before. He looked closer to my age than the rest of the Santos. He was cute too. Not as cute as Oscar but cute.

We went into his room and scattered around. I sat on his bed with Ruby, Jasmine and Cesar and Jamal & Celine sat at his desk chair. Jamal sitting on Celine's lap.

"Since when did Axel come back?" Ruby questioned Cesar.

"Yesterday." Cesar shrugged.