Chapter 9

Steven and Spinel rode on Lion looking for Amethyst. Midwhile, they stopped at the boardwalk and the donut shop. "Wait, can I get a couple to go?" Steven asked a worker. Steven held up a donut while you and Spinel were eating the rest. "What is that?" Spinel said, pointing to your shirt. "Uhh, that's my gem. You can touch it if you want, Spinel." You say to her. "Yay! I love touching stuff." Spinel said and touched your gem. Then, you, Steven, and Spinel heard something. It came from a garage. You and Steven peeked inside and see paintings of Amethyst. "Is this where Amethyst paints all the time?" You ask Steven."Yup, it's her art studio." Steven said. A creepy-looking painting looked at you and Steven. You jump back and fall. Amethyst then falls. "Amethyst, thank goodness you're okay." Steven said to her. "Thank goodness you're okay." She copied back. Steven sighs. "We're very not okay, but I've got a plan. I'm gonna get us all back piece by piece. We just have to figure out your pieces. These paintings, do you remember being painted?" Steven said to her. "Being painted?" She said. "Pew, pew! Do you remember our handshake?" Steven said. "Our handshake?" Amethyst said and copied Steven. "Singing and dancing, that's gotta be a piece. Do you remember singing and dancing with me?" Steven's asked her.

In the light of the day
In the dark of the night
When you're rarin' to go
When you're tired from the fight
When you're losing your mind, lemme give you a thought
I'm gonna be right by your side, no matter what
In the dark of the night
In the light of the day
When you're risin' to shine
When you're hittin' the hay
I'll be hangin' around
If you like it or not
I'm gonna be right your side, no matter what

Steven bought Amethyst some fries. Steven ate his right, but Amethyst had some trouble because the fry fell out of her tongue. Steven gulped his fry and so did Amethyst and her eyes sparkled. You, Steven, and her were playing Skeeball. All of you missed the first ball, but Steven had an idea. You and him got up on the machine and started throwing the balls into the holes. A bunch of tickets were coming out. The manager noticed this and you, Amethyst, Steven, and Spinel had to get out, so you got off the machines and Spinel grabbed the tickets and ran, with some still hanging out of the machine. They ran out and Amethyst morphed into a person. He was shocked, so he unlocked his phone and by the time he tried to take a picture, Amethyst was gone. You, Steven, Amethyst, and Spinel were on a train. You and them still sung. Then, the song ended. "Pew!" Amethyst said. "Pew, pew?" Steven said. Amethyst looked at her finger, then does the handshake with Steven. "One, two, three, hup!" They both said. "Amethyst!" Steven cried. "Whoa!" Amethyst last word was before she returned to normal. "What happened?" She said. "Amethyst, it worked, you're back!" Steven said and spun her around and hugged her. Spinel joined in on the hugging. "You! What are YOU doing here?" Amethyst asked Spinel. "So, let me explain..." Steven said. "Get away from him, you monster! Huh?" Amethyst said. "A monster? Where is it? No, I don't see it." Spinel said. "Aah, YOU'RE it!" Amethyst screamed. "Ohhh. Ready or not, here I come!" Spinel said, then touched Amethyst on the head and ran. "Oh, I forgot to say "you're it"!" Spinel said and touched Amethyst again. "Okay, tag, you're it!" She said and ran off. "What the heck is this about?" Amethyst asked Steven. "She doesn't remember attacking us. She doesn't even remember that thing." Steven said and showed Amethyst. "What the?" She said. "Mm, you guys not know how to play tag?" Spinel asked them.