Chapter 8

Ruby was ten-hutting like a soldier in front of Sapphire. "So, when Ruby and Sapphire first became Garnet, Ruby rushed in to save Sapphire from danger and bam! They fused, so maybe we got to create some sort of dangerous situation." Steven said, mapping out the plan. "Well, what do we have that's deadly and dangerous laying around?" Lapis questioned Peridot. "I think we can dig something up." Peridot said and dug around the trash bin until she found a... "A giant pizza cutter?" "That is one of its functions, yes." Peridot said. "I can't threaten them with this." Steven said to her. "Hm, ha! Now it's much more threatening! Off you go now." Peridot said and turned on the pizza cutter. "Good luck!" Spinel said to Steven.
Steven headed towards Ruby and Sapphire with the pizza cutter. "Halt! I cannot allow you to approach my Sapphire with such a threatening device!" Ruby told him. "That's too bad cause I'm gonna... get you!" Steven said as he lifted up the giant pizza cutter above Ruby's head. "Will this work?" Bismuth said while Spinel giggled.

"Permission to dispatch the curly haired one, my Sapphire?" "No need, I predict he won't be able to follow through." Sapphire said. "She's right. Ugh, I can't." Steven said as he turned off the pizza cutter. "Even if we are pretending." Steven said. "My Sapphire, you were right! What do you predict will happen next?" Ruby asked her. "Well, the Spinel will pick up that device out of curiosity. Hijinks will ensue." Sapphire predicted. "Wait, Spinel, noo, no, no, no, noooo!" Steven commanded her to stop. Suddenly, Spinel turned the pizza cutter on and bounced around like crazy. "Spinel!" Steven said and dived onto Spinel. The cutter continued to cut Bismuth's scaffolding. "My scaffolding! My precious scaffolding!" Bismuth said. "Wow, what happens next?" Ruby asked Sapphire. "In just a moment, the scaffolding will start falling all around you." She said and Ruby looked at her. "What?" Ruby said and a piece of the scaffolding fell behind Ruby. More of the scaffolding fell around Ruby and Ruby dodged all of them. "Wow, you're amazing!" Ruby said to her. "Hmph, next, the Peridot will hold back some of the falling debris. Three large barrels will fall. The Bismuth will catch two of them."

"I got this, Biz!" Peridot told her. "Nice work, Perido... oh shucks!" Bismuth said and two barrels fell off the scaffolding. Bismuth catches the two of them. The third one began to roll and crush two beetles! "The Heaven and Earth beetles are out for their afternoon constitutional! The Lapis will rush in and save them at the last second." Sapphire said. Suddenly, Lapis flew down and caught the two beetles and asked them, "Whew, you guys okay?" The beetles gave her thumbs up. "Is it... over?" Spinel asked. "The pizza cutter, the pizza cutter will continue to cut!" Sapphire said. The pizza cutter cutted more of the scaffolding. "The anvil will fall!" The pizza cutter jumped across and got stuck in the crane. "And you, you will be shattered!" The saw cut the anvil and the anvil dropped. "Huh? Aaah!" Ruby yelled. A shield formed over her. "The curly-haired one's power is fading. Ruby, I'm sorry! I told you you wouldn't last the day!" Sapphire said to Ruby as she said to her, "Well, I'm glad fate allowed me to meet you." The shield broke and Sapphire rushed into Ruby. They were fusing together. Garnet then sung a song.

After the song ended, Garnet appeared. "Huh." Garnet said. Everyone gasped. "Garnet! Garnet, you're back! Thank goodness it's you." Steven said to her. "W-w-what's going on?" She said. "Everyone's memories are wiped and all my powers are messed up. We need your help! What should we do, Garnet?" Steven rushed his sentence. "I'm sorry, but... do you know me?" She asked Steven. "Good question." Spinel said. "Her memories aren't back. I guess fusion was only the first piece." Steven said. A car beeped. Pearl got out and brought some stuff: a red carpet and mini stairs. She trumpeted next. "Attention, everyone. Um Greg Universe has arrived." Pearl said. Greg burst out the back.

"Steven, oh! Have you seen Amethyst?" Greg asked Steven. "What? I told you to watch her!" Steven said. "She must've wandered off while I was wrestling my laundry out of Pearl's hands." Greg said, then stopped. Pearl was scrubbing the van. "Pearl! You don't have to do that. I own a car wash!" Greg yelled. "I need to go find Amethyst. Can you watch Garnet?" Steven asked Bismuth. "Yeah, sure, but it looks like she's doing a pretty good job watching herself." Bismuth said as Garnet was watching herself. "Thanks." Steven said and ran... right before Spinel grabs him. "Don't forget your best friend, Spinel!" Spinel said. "Oh, right. Spinel, you stay here with the others, and I'll be right back." Steven said as he let go of Spinel's hand. Spinel didn't like being left alone without Steven. "No!!" Spinel screamed. "Geez, what is that's girl's prob-" You didn't get to finish your sentence. "Shut up, you weakless, powerless moron!!" Spinel screamed and bounced up on the crane and grabbed the saw. "Hmm, my target is right... there!" Spinel twisted the saw and Steven stopped her. "Calm down, Spinel. Let's... go together?" Steven said to her. She dropped the pizza cutter. "Yay!" She said.