CHAPTER 32: THE SNITCH

Start from the beginning

"She sleep, and I need for you to go up there and stay wit her so you'll be there if she wakes up, but hol' up first," I whisper, going through there room. I get on my knees on the floor and look up under the bed. Paranoid.

"Whatchu lookin' for?" Vonsha watches me.

"A bug, anything," I whisper back.

"Me and Boonie and Brody and Ruff already did that, ain't shit in here, what's up?" Vaughn asks me again, worrying and nervous.

I stare at them.

"I know who snitched on Delontae," I whisper and they get right up on me.

"Who?!" Vaughn asks me.

"It's Monique," I mouth. 

"Monqiue?!" Vaughn hisses, and Vonsha's mouth drops open when Vaughn's eyes buck

"Monqiue?!" Vaughn hisses, and Vonsha's mouth drops open when Vaughn's eyes buck. He looks over his shoulder and grabs me and and Vonsha, pulling us in the bathroom..

"What?! How you know-"

"I was watching the cameras  when she came out of her room early this morning, to ask Boonie was he okay, she was in her robe. She went back in her room and when she pulled off her robe, I didn't think about it at first. But the bitch had on Delontae's shirt. She was rubbing herself, rubbin' the shirt while she was writing. She slept in one of my husband's shirts!" I hiss! And Vonsha backs up with her lip turned up like no that bitch didn't, what da fuck? I nod. Vaughn just wipes his face.

"Wow," he whispers. I nod.

"She's so quiet. I never noticed it, but she was probably standing in the doorway when Delontae shot Lot," I admit and Vaughn's eyes buck again.

"Oh shit, he did it for real?" Vaughn acts like he about to shit on himself. I nod, crying..

"He did, he did it Vaughn. But I know who saw it and they would never tell, none of us, but I forgot about her. We always forget about her, she's so quiet, she's probably been lurking, right up under us gotdammit, the whole time. She so fucking quiet! She probably crept up and stood in the doorway of Lot's room, and watched it all, I know it's her, in my gut I can feel it. Why the fuck she sleeping in my man's shirt?!" I hiss and my tears come harder. Vonsha puts her arm around my shoulder.

"Stay calm! Stay calm, lemme handle it, shit, just wait, let me think, let me think," Vaughn is breathing all hard.

"She was writing in a journal," I add in a whisper, shivering my ass off, in a rage.

"A journal? Writing what, so -- oh my God -- but if she secretly in love with Delontae why would she snitch?" Vonsha whispers and grabs me and hugs me tighter. I cry into her shoulder.

"It came to me when I was washing myself.. she helped wash me and Delontae.. the blood off us. Back when I first moved in here. Me and Delontae -- we got into some shit, and she helped her mama wash us in the tub -- I've been giving her shit, buying her shit Vonsha, I got her teeth fixed, trying to help her lose weight, I've been listening to her and helping her, being her friend-"