CHAPTER 24

♡| god, did harry love beach nights with louis.

JUNE 29TH, 2007 SAW LOUIS AND HARRY on a beach date. Well, it wasn't labeled as a date but Louis loved the way Harry blushed when he called it that so, it was a date.

The night was young, it was only fifteen till five when they decided to pack up and go to the beach. They waited because it was summer in Florida, which means every beach on both coasts where going to be crazy packed and there was no way they'd be able to be themselves. Waiting was hardly an option. 

However, thirty minutes after the ever so spontaneous decision to go, they were sitting on the sand, laying out their blankets and towels, and setting their things up before running into the water.  

The waves were nearly gone as the water began to calm, but they loved it. 

Harry walks till water reaches his collar bone, laughing when Louis swims over to him, and can't stand without being under water. Harry's arms reach out, and grab Louis, who automatically wraps his legs around Harry's waist. 

"Hi Blue." Harry smiles, pushing Louis' hair our of his face.

"Hey bubbie," Louis smiles back, unwillingly lost in the way Harry's eyes literally twinkle in the sun.

They cherished weeks they got to be together, hating that within a few days time, Louis was going to be back at his dads, and they wouldn't get to see each other because he lived in Orlando and  unfortunately Harry had work. 

Everything was calm for a bit, giggles and looks were being shared, Harry would make Louis hold eye contact and fond when the smaller boys cheeks turned pink under his post sunburned skin. 

"I can't wait till this is over." Louis mumbles, laying his head on Harry's shoulder. 

"I don't get why he's so like..." Harry trails off, walking to where the water is more shallow so he can sit down, "bitchy about it? He's never there, and when he is, he's focused on his wife? At least your sisters are nice to you." 

"Yeah," Louis pouts, "they say hi by the way, they're hoping to meet you someday." Harry's only talked to them on the phone; when Louis goes to his dads house, all he does is talk on the phone with Harry.

"Awh, maybe we'll all go to Disney World one day or something." Harry smiles, Louis can't see it as he's still resting on Harry's shoulder. 

The conversation dies down after that, and as Harry sits, Louis climbs off his lap, and splashes water at him. This of course, results in them going back and forth until Louis gets water in his eyes, and Harry helps him to their towels to help him dry it. He apologizes a million times because he knows how bad getting salt water in your eye burns. 

Upon Louis regaining his vision, and going back in the water for half an hour, they decide to eat the snacks they packed. 

The sunset looks so good on Louis. Harry has decided that God created the sunsets so that Harry could sit here and drown in the way Louis so good in them. The way the water droplets fall off his damp hair and onto his sun-kissed skin. 

Louis catches Harry staring, but decides not to point  it out, he's too busy focused on the way Harry can make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches taste like full on gourmet meal. But he keeps staring. 

"What? What's so fascinating that you've been staring for a good five minutes now?"

"I don't know," Harry mumbles, drinking water, "you're just...I don't know," he chuckles, hating how he never fails to find words when it comes to Louis, "I just love you, Lou. That's all." he smiles softly, knowing this is a good place to settle. 

"Well I love you too, H." Louis chuckles, unable to get over how he's already found someone to give himself to for the rest of his life, "I'm still sorry that we don't get to spend as much time together as we normally would." 

"Blue, it's fine," Harry chuckles, they finish off their food and he starts cleaning up, "stop apologizing about it, it's not your fault."

"I know," Louis shrugs, helping Harry out before they  go to lay in the sand, "but still, I miss you."

"Babe, you've been here all week and you literally come to work with me." Harry chuckles, laying on his side as he looks at Louis. 

The sun is almost gone, more than half the sky now the moon's territory, the sun only covering a little of it. Louis thinks the moonlight was made for Harry, it compliments his normally fair complexion. When the sun says it's final goodbyes for the night, Louis gives Harry a look that he's seen too many times before. 

Louis' always been fascinated by swimming at night, loving the mystery of not knowing what's underwater. Harry on the other hand watches a little too much t.v, and has now developed an - in his opinion - completely rational fear of some scary night monster eating them. 

But he goes in because he spoils Louis all the time and Louis always get's his way. 

Louis runs in the water and starts splashing around as he waits for Harry to joining; Harry does and he thinks he may lose his mind. 

He hates it, and how cheesy it is, but Louis looks so good like this. Water drops falling off his hair and down his body, the moonlight only making him glimmer. 

He's screwed, Harry is screwed. 

*******

bit of a shorter chapter, but i have lots planned for this fic !!