CHAPTER 18

♡| louis' birthday was always a rough day for them; though louis was another year older, they were still away from being together.

--

DECEMBER 24TH, 2006 LOUIS WAS TURNING SIXTEEN, and Harry was already showering him with love, affection and gifts, the minute the clock turned twelve.

"H, I turned sixteen two minutes ago, why are you already giving me gifts." Louis giggles as Harry hands him a small box. Harry had woken the both of them up a little over a half hour ago, he wanted to be the first to say happy birthday to Louis.

"Oh, because with the amount of things I got, and am giving you today, I have to start now." Harry smiles at him.

"Of course you do," Louis rolls his eyes playfully, taking the box from Harry, "I suppose I'm meant to open this now?"

Harry just nods at him, fiddling with the rings on is finger and now Louis is worried, as Harry only does that when he's nervous.

So he takes a deep breath, and opens the box, and pouts, looking at Harry when he sees what's in it.

"You didn't." he looks up at Harry, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Oh, but I did," Harry smiles at him, "d'ya like it, Blue?"

"Like it?" Louis chuckles, practically lunging himself at Harry, hugging him tightly, "I love it."

It wasn't anything crazy, it was just a bracelet they'd seen around a month ago. Louis had loved it because it had a similar pattern to one of the rings Harry had.

So it was no surprise that Harry had started putting money away so that he could have enough to buy it for Louis' birthday.

"I'm glad, then." Harry smiles, hugging him back just as tightly.

Louis would've been fine with that being the only thing Harry got him. Hell, he was just happy to be able to spend the day with Harry. He wasn't stupid, he knew how many Christmas eve parties Harry was invited to, and he really felt honored that Harry wanted to spend the day with him.

Louis put the bracelet on, and Harry was beaming, so happy that Louis really liked it. As well as the fact that he could tell Louis liked it, it made the whole thing even better.

They had fallen asleep, knowing tomorrow was going to be an eventful day at home. Not that there was any issues with being just home, they both hated going out on Christmas eve.

When Louis had woken up, he found his usual breakfast- pop tarts and apple juice, weird, he knows- sitting on his desk and a little note sitting next to it.

Don't worry Blue, I wouldn't leave you on your day. Just went to the store with mom real quick -H. It read.

And Louis couldn't stop fonding. He knew well enough that Harry wouldn't have do that, he turned down parties for Louis. But he can't deny how cute he thinks it is that Harry left him a little note, with his breakfast. 

He didn't think very much of it, Harry always went to the store with his mom. And he figured it wasn't some kind of last minute gift thing, because he knew how much Harry despised doing that. So, in simpler words, he didn't even think about it. They didn't take that long to Louis, who had woken up only an hour before they had left.

Though, when he came downstairs and saw Harry with a giant teddy bear, and skittles- because God forbid Louis ate chocolate, he couldn't stand it- the boy nearly started crying.

"H, what's this for?" Louis pouts, waddling over to Harry.

"Because my baby is turning sixteen and that's a really big deal." Harry smiles, setting the gifts down on the couch before catching Louis in arms.

"I love you," he mumbles into his chest, before letting him go and grabbing the skittles, "thank you, so much." he kisses his cheek before he grabs the skittles.

"You're welcome, blue. Happy birthday." he smirks.

"No," Louis' eyes go wide, "you wouldn't dare."

"Oh come on! I have to," he chuckles, "here- I'll take my rings off, and I'll go soft."

"No, this isn't allowed," Louis pouts as Jay walks into the room, "mom! Tell Harry no birthday punches."

"I'm not a part of this," she looks between them, "but go soft, Harry, the poor baby bruises like a peach."

"Oh, I know," he smirks playfully as he looks at Louis, "you know they're coming at some point."

They drop the conversation as Jay calls them into the kitchen to ask about what they want today, satisfied when they say staying home and spending the day together is fine, which means she won't have to cook.

They all part ways as she's off to see her family, who Louis is dreading seeing tomorrow because it means he'll have to be away from Harry, which is always the last thing he wants to do, but nonetheless, he'll be forced to go see his family. And of course, he'll end up crying in the bathroom because, "Oh, Louis, are you still in your little phase, or have you found a nice girl yet?" But it's okay, he guesses, so long as he gets to spend his birthday with his Harry.

They've made their way up to Louis' bedroom, where he's got Queen playing in the background, as he and Harry are cuddled on his bed. 'Cuddled' in this sense meaning Harry's head is on Louis' tummy, while he asks stupid questions, like 'so what does it feel like to be sixteen?'. Stupid questions to which of course Louis gives an answer to every single time, with the upmost amount of patience because, unlike any other person, Louis thinks Harry is at his cutest when he does silly stuff like this.

Louis receives all his gifts thoughout the day, big ones, little ones, his favorite being when Harry made his famous spagehtti for the boy. There was never a moment of the day where Louis was not thanking him, or telling him that he loved him. And of course with each came a kiss on the cheek, and a little blush from Harry.

;

It was night now, the events of the day quieting down as they were now in Louis' bed, no music or cuddles this time. They were on their sides, facing each other, Louis with his eyes closed, Harry smiling softly at Louis' tired state.

"Did you have a good birthday, blue?" Harry smiles, pushing Louis' fringe out of his face.

"Best one yet, to be honest." Louis mumbles in response, eyes refusing to open as he moves a little closer to Harry.

"Better than the year I bought you the bike." Harry asked, it was a joke for them, every year because Louis had said that nothing would ever top the bike.

"Eh," he yawns, "definitely a close second."

"Damnit." he laughs as he pulls Louis in, kissing his forehead before he cuddles him.

"Hey, bubbie?"

"Yeah, blue?"

"I sorta kinda love you- not in the buddy way." Louis mumbles into Harry's chest.

"Well," Harry sighs once he hears Louis' breath evens out, showing that he's asleep, "I sorta kinda love you not in the buddy way too."

****

im back from the dead yeehaw