CHAPTER 22

♡| the more he thought about louis, the more disgusted in himself he was. but the more louis would steal random kisses, the harder it became to resist him.

APRIL 8TH, 2007. IT WAS EASTER AND the two were hiding away in Louis' room, discussing their opinions on religion.

"I'm not saying they're wrong," Louis mumbles, staring at the ceiling, head on Harry's stomach, "I'm just saying that some of the things in the bible don't make much sense"

"Like?" Harry found himself asking as he ran his fingers through Louis fluffy hair.

"Like-" Louis says, sitting up, holding eye contact with Harry, "like when Jesus rises from the dead. Why was he able to, yet no one else ever can? How was he born some kind of entity, and how was he conceived if Mary was a virgin?"

"Makes sense," Harry nods, fingers now drawing patterns on Louis' comforter, "and then it's the way people who live by it preach it- only ever caring to say that homosexuality is wrong, when the bible lists so many more sins."

"It's literally against the commandments or some shit like that to cheat, yet no one tells you that you're going to burn in hell for that, do they?" Louis replies, rolling his eyes softly.

"Going off on the bible, huh?" Harry chuckles, eyes on Louis as the boy moves to sit on his lap.

"Well, sorta, I'm more angry at those who enforce it as if they knew the man himself. It pisses me off because what if it's all a lie, y'know?" Louis makes himself comfortable, propping Harry's legs up so he can lean against the boys knees.

"I get it," Harry responds, shrugging as he plays with the cut in Louis' knees, "it's like dinosaurs. Someone said 'Ah, yes, this is what they look like', and everyone was 'Oh, okay then'."

"Yeah, and everyone just thinks they're these big scary creatures, when for all we know, they could've been the size of ants." Louis smiles, loving how engaged in conversation Harry can be.

"But then how do you explain the skeletons?" he tilts his head, curls falling in his face.

"I mean, that's the inside, you don't know how they looked outside. Think about it-" Louis starts, "our skeletons don't have ears, or noses, or nails, or even hair sometimes, but we have all of those things while alive." he shrugs his shoulders.

"That does make sense," Harry nods, playing with his eyebrow piercing, "you're a smart little cookie." he teases, poking Louis' tummy.

"Dunno how," Louis chuckles, "they don't teach us like that in school."

Harry only offers him a shrug in response, not really knowing what to say or do. Things get awkward once they start getting quiet, Harry wishes there was more to talk about, he loves how passionate Louis gets when he talks about something that interests him, or makes him feel anything at all. 

The more a silence hung between them, the more Harry's mind wondered off to places he didn't like. It's not because he didn't want to admit that he was grossed out not only by himself, but by what he feels. 

Louis looks up from where he was plucking at his nails, and makes eye contact with Harry, immediately pulling him out of his trance.

"What?" he gives him a look, "What's that little smirk for?"

"Since we don't like religion right now, how 'bout we make the Gods 'nd shit angry?" Louis smirks a bit more, raising his eyebrows. 

"What are you implying?" Harry chuckles, knowing the answer but wanting to hear it. 

"A little...gay shit." Louis' cheeks flush as he tries to avoid saying the actual thing. 

"A little gay shit?" Harry asks, eyes wide as he chuckles lightly. 

"Well, yeah," Louis struggles, "it's been a month since we've done that thing where you pretend like you don't get me hard." 

"Blue, we can't really do anything." Harry gives him a look. 

"Oh God, H, I know. Believe me, I know." Louis starts, fingers fiddling with the ends of Harry's shirt, "But you have nice lips and sometimes it's really hard not to kiss you." 

"Implying you wanna kiss me?" Harry tries not to smirk, angry when it shows a little.

"I-...yeah. Yes. Yeah, I do." Louis stutters, Harry's usually not the one to get all cocky with this. 

Harry doesn't respond, though his lips are slightly parted as his drift down to Louis' lips, and he's not going to lie. Louis' lips are so thin, and so tiny, yet they feel so soft, and a little full when he kiss them. 

There was something different about kissing Louis, compared to all the other boys he'd kissed before. He doesn't know what it was, and there's no way in hell he'd say it's because he's in love with Louis. 

He hates admitting to that. Makes him feel gross no matter how happy thinking about Louis makes him. 

Five minutes later, the room is still silent. Louis doesn't mind because he knows Harry always thinks this over, but the more he watches Harry focus on his lips, the more he bites at them, only making Harry want it. 

Louis can't take it anymore; he surges forward and kisses Harry, hands fisting at the collar of Harry's shirt. Harry's hands are immediately around the small of Louis' back, pulling the boy closer, kissing him back just as eagerly. 

Louis smiles into it, hands loosening their grip and finding their way into Harry's hair; he doesn't think he'll ever get over how soft it is. 

Harry smiles back, feeling his cheeks heat up as Louis gives his curls a slight tug. He knows that no matter what, he's never going to get over the way it feels to kiss Louis. He's just filled with this warmth that he can't describe. He can't put what he feels and he hates it; he wishes he could tell Louis how he feels. 

Louis' gotten a little bit more into it, and Harry fears for his self control. He's pressed against Harry, and he swears Louis must be able to feel his heart beat with how fast it's starting to go. 

Fuck it

His hands reaches to the back of Louis' head and his fingers thread through his hair, he tugs to pull the boy back, breaking the kiss. Louis' lips are pouty until he feels Harry on his neck. 

This is new

His hands find Harry's biceps as he arches his neck to give Harry more space, breath getting caught in his throat as he feels Harry's lips make their way up his neck. 

"We can't go too far, baby." Harry speaks in Louis' ear, voice low and raspy. 

"Just this once." Louis pleads, wishing this would never end. 

"No, because I'll keep wanting it over and over. I'll never get enough of you." Harry pants softly, lips running all over Louis' neck as he speaks. 

And Louis doesn't think he'll never get enough of this alone. But of course, Harry stops. 

"One day Blue, I promise." Harry kisses the pout on Louis' lips, almost apologetically. 

"I know, I just wish we could jump in time." Louis chuckles, little smile forming. 

******

shit? semi-shit.