CHAPTER 19

♡|the new year came, and nothing was changing for the two, who still loved each other so much. or, so they thought.

JANUARY 15TH, 2007. LOUIS NOTICED HARRY HAD gotten more tattoos, and lip piercings, and Louis was beyond okay with that.

He knew it wasn't going to last, and that some day he was going to take all of them out, unless he went in to a profession that allowed him to keep them in. Either way Louis knew that at some point, the piercings were going to come and so he was going to enjoy them being there as much as he possibly could.

"Are we going through an emo phase?" Louis jokes as Harry walks into his room, discarding his jacket and jeans, making himself comfortable before he climbs into the bed.

"Don't act like you don't love it." Harry jokes, small smirk taking over his face, the dimple on his right cheek showing.

"Never said I didn't." Louis remarks sassily, "Did they hurt?" Harry rolls his eyes at that, it's the same old question Louis asks any time he gets something new, he always wants to know about them, and whole he may not say this out loud, Harry knows it's because he's jealous that he can't get anything like that yet.

"Pain tolerance, blue." Harry gives his usual response.

A response to which Louis does what he usually does; rolls his eyes and asks, "Do you think it would hurt me?"

And of course, Harry chuckles lightly, "You're a big softie, I could pinch you, and it'd hurt."

"Would not!" Louis replies, offended.

And then Harry pinches whatever part of Louis is closest to him, today it's the thigh that's hitched over his waist, and laughs at him when Louis lets out a high pitched 'ouch'.

"Told you it would hurt, babe." he continues to laugh as Louis only pouts more as he tries to rub the pain away, Harry would say he's exaggerating, and that he barely pinched him, but he did say that Louis is a soft boy.

After that, it seemed at though everything had calmed down. A comfortable silence had taken over the room, but Louis had always found those to be overrated. So he needed to do something to change it, something to take the place of the silence, anything. So he moved from his cuddled position, and moved onto Harry's lap, only to see the older boys eyes were closed.

He always thought that Harry looked most at peace when he was asleep. He seemed like his struggles, and any bit of negativity that was in his life, was gone for however long he was asleep. The only thing that was different about that now, was the fact that he wasn't asleep.

"Why did you have to move? I was comfortable." he whines as he opens his eyes, hands moving to rest upon Louis' bent knees.

"Because it was quiet and there wasn't a problem with it and you know how I feel about that." Louis mumbles as he uses all his strength to get Harry to sit up.

"Yes, yes I know," he mumbles as he sits up, "comfortable silence is so overrated."

"Exactly," Louis smiles, playing with some lint on the bottom of Harry's worn out shirt, "so we have to talk or something- anything to make the silence go away," he starts laughing when Harry rolls his eyes and slaps his hands away, so he grips Harry's shirt my the collar, "please, I beg of you, Harry Styles."

"Ew," his nose scrunches his, "you said my name."

"That's how desperate I am." he fake sobs, head resting on his chest, by where his hands still have a grip on Harry's shirt.

"Desperate, huh?" Harry smirks, jokingly as his hands move to rest on Louis' thighs.

"Get your head out of the gutter, loser- this is a serious issue." he looks up at Harry, face closer then usual, but nothing new nonetheless.

"You're the one who turned it in to that."

"Yeah, we'll you gave it the..." Louis struggles to find the proper words, getting frustrated once Harry begins smirking again, "stop." he warns.

"Or else?"

"You know what'll happen, do we really want that?" Louis questions, lifting an eyebrow at Harry.

"What? You turn sixteen and all of a sudden things change?" Harry remarks, and it doesn't sit too well with Louis.

"No? But you've never exactly wanted much before, regardless of whether or not you could actually do it." and that sets something off in Harry.

"Yeah Louis, because if I show, then I'm not going to stop myself before I go all the way- does it bother you? Has it bothered you this whole time? Is that why you'd go around Liam and Zayn and them when I was gone? Because they don't care?" his tone is a mixture of hurt, confused, and angry, and Louis doesn't think he's ever made Harry feel this way.

"No- what the fuck, Harry why would you think that?" Louis asks, offended as he moves off Harry, "Is-Is that why you moved back? Or just another reason why? I've meant everything I've ever told you, I'd never go against any of it." he moves off the bed, and sits at his desk instead.

"Then why are you moving away?" Harry asks, pain laced in his voice, which has gone an octave deeper.

"Because if I don't, then I'm going to end up doing something that I really shouldn't be doing right now." is all he says, he moves to face away from Harry. They both need to calm down, he thinks, but all he can do is wonder why this happened.

Five minutes goes by, that five turns to ten, ten soon turning to twenty. Before they realize it, they've been sitting in this tense silence for an hour, both of them wanting to speak up, neither having the balls to do it.

"Baby? Could you come here," Harry calls out, hoping that Louis will cooperate, sighing when he doesn't, "please, blue."

So Louis looks at him, he's debating it, yes. No, he'd never admit that out loud. But, he's never been able to deny Harry anything, even in his confused state.

"I'm sorry for exploding and swearing at you." Louis pouts as he sits on the bed. Harry sighs and pulls him between his legs before holding him tight in his arms for a second; waiting till he feels it's time to pull back before he speaks.

"It's not that I don't want anything, blue, you know that," he kisses Louis' forehead when all the boy does is continue to pout, "I'm just scared, because I know if I get to a certain point, I won't stop, and I want everything to be special for you- and legal."

"You're special and legal." Louis jokes, fiddling with a string on his sheets.

"You know what I mean blue." Harry mumbles, cupping his cheek because he needs eye contact right now, and that's always been one of Louis struggles.

Louis nods his head, and offers a lop-sided smile, then things go quiet.

It's ironic- the idea that even after the heated, and slightly calmer conversations they just had, that they'd do anything. But Harry's lips are slightly chapped and Louis would be just fine with a peck, or two.

And for a moment, he sees the same want in Harry's eyes and he's silently begging permission and then Harry gives a little nod, and before he knows it, Louis is practically clinging onto him for dear life as he softly kisses him.

The more he feels Louis' grip loosen, the more all he can think about is what he wouldn't do to be able to have Louis, here and now. But then Louis pulls back, and blushes as he looks down, then back up at Harry.

"I'll take note of that." Harry mumbles as he watches Louis get up hiding himself as he looks for clean clothes.

"For future references?" he replies, giggling lightly.

"Yeah, for future references." Harry chuckles as he watches Louis disappear in to the bathroom. 

******

here's a shitty little filler

small rant: this fic is low-key one of my favorites, but i gotta say, having no one read is so discouraging )):