CHAPTER 14

♡| maybe it's the way harry spends the day holding onto him as if he'll never see him again that louis loved the most.

-

AUGUST 18TH, 2006. HARRY HAS TO GO BACK the next day and he spends the whole day with his boy.

Louis and Harry shared many, many thoughts and opinions. The most favored one was the one they rarely spoke on. This, being their age difference.

It was arguable who hated it more on this day, though. Louis, if asked, would say he hated it because being older than him meant there was things that they had to do apart. And God did he hate being apart from Harry. So, one could only imply that this anger only made him have a stronger one for what was keeping them apart right now; college.

He couldn't stand that they caused Harry to live there for the whole year, and that even though he can move back home now, they're still apart for most of the day as Harry's school is thirty minutes away.

And as if that wasn't enough, he heard from Anne, who had heard from one of Harry's friends, that he was considering getting an apartment by the school. It was like he wanted to be away from Louis, and that was something the younger boy didn't quite get as he was conviced that they loved each other. And from what his feelings told him, you don't like the idea of being away from someone you love.

Harry, on the other hand, was angry because while this was true, he hated that he couldn't bring Louis with him. And maybe that's what was stopping him; his need to be able to talk to Louis all the time, his constant need for contact with his boy.

So, he decided that the apartment is out of the picture. He doesn't mind getting up a little earlier if it means he can have sleep overs with Louis in the middle of the week. He missed doing that so much, and seeing his boy every day is definately worth the sacrifice.

But that wasn't why he hated the difference. He wanted to take Louis out, date nights, movies, kisses and cuddles in public because if he had the chance to be with Louis, he'd want the whole fucking universe to know because he's so damn infatuated with this boy that it's taken over his mind. He wakes up, and thinks about Louis. Showers and thinks about Louis. Eats, or has coffee, and thinks about Louis. Goes to class and tries his very best to pay attention, but no shocker here, he thinks about Louis.

But there's another thing they share when it comes to the way they think. Harry fucking hates it when Louis gets all small and self concious and goes on about his, apperently, never dying fear that Harry is going to find someone (or in Louis' mind, someone better) and leave Louis on his own. That he'd actually totally forget about Louis for someone else. When the reality of it is, Harry doesn't even like the idea of even looking for anyone else; and he genuienly hopes Louis shares the same feeling because if he does, then Louis is officially his the very second the boy turns eighteen.

And Louis? Well Louis just hates when Harry acts like nothing goes on between them. Like they haven't randomly sharing kisses since the time Louis was ten. It makes him feel bad because he knows this is just Harry's way of coping, but he would never really willingly admit to that. But at the same time, he doesn't really mind, because as long as Harry doesn't complain about it, and says he seriously doesn't want it, Louis gets to do it, and he loves that. Because if there was one thing he would willingly admit to, it's that he had a thing for the way Harry's lips felt. He really could sit there and right a fifty page essay about how he loves when they're all chapped and they way Harry plays with them when he talks about something that bugs him, and the way they're just so naturally pink, and so small, yet so plump.

;

It's currently midnight, the two are lounging about in Louis' bed. Louging about in this particular scene, means Louis' got his chin resting on Harry's chest while Harry explains the stuggles of college, whilst running his fingers through Louis' hair. Louis listens so intently to whatever Harry talks about no matter the topic. He loves the way everything is expressed through his hands, and the way his voice can be so slow when he's tired, or when he talks all fast when it's something he loves, or something that angers him.

And this has it's perks for Harry as well. Because Harry loves the way Louis keeps the eye contact, and the way his eyebrows furrow when he's confused, the way he turns his head when something makes him feel some way. He sits here and talks because he loves the way Louis cuddles him to him when he does it, and how Louis looks at him, so he knows he's listening, but makes little patterns on his shirt, or sometimes bare stomach, the way he always needs to find something to fiddle with.

"Sounds like it sucks." Louis sits up on Harry's knees, stretching.

"Does suck, but if I appear educated, people will wanna hire me, and I'll be able to make all the money in the world." Harry chuckles, poking Louis' stomach.

"Yeah, but I miss you when you go away for ages and you're too busy to even call to say goodnight." Louis pouts, slapping Harry's hand away before he moves to cuddle him, head on Harry's chest.

"I do too. No ones there to put my pop-tarts in the toaster for me, it's literally hell." he points out before his fingers almost automatically card through Louis' hair.

"You only want me 'cause I cook for you." Louis pouts playfull as he isn't at all hurt by this.

"What can I say, you're a great wife blue, 'm truly a lucky man." he kisses the top of Louis' head, chuckling.

"You just watch, I'm gona take the kids and file for divorce." Louis pokes his Harry's stomach.

"Kids meaning all the plushies I've bought you?"

"Exactly." Louis huffs and turns over. So Harry spoons him.

"Little did you know this was all I wanted all along." Harry smiles as he cuddles into Louis' back and places a kiss at the bottom of his neck. And they just stay like that. Laying there quietly as their breath evens out before Louis turns over to cuddle into Harry's chest once again.

He's scared, he will admit. He'll be sixteen and that's cool and all, but that just means Harry will be twenty, and another year further from them both being able to get what they want.

He hates not knowing what's going to happen but he feels content right now. Harry's heartbeat, albiet faint, is all he can hear and that calms him, he repositions so he's more leveled with Harry, and he kind of just stays there. And he knows this may seem creepy, but Harry just looks so peaceful and in a sense, it keeps Louis calm.

It makes him feel that as long as Harry, his baby Harry who he would give everything in this world up for, is alive and breathing, then things are going to be fine. No matter how bad it gets. 

*********

it's a really short filler, but i'm good with it.

hope you enjoyed <3