CHAPTER 21

♡|louis didn't mind the slow days, they gave him more time to spend with harry.

MARCH, 17TH 2007. IT'S ONE OF THOSE DAYS where an hour feels like a day.

What Louis loved about these days, was the amount of time he got to spend with Harry. He thanked these days for coming every so often, thanked them for giving him more time with Harry.

What Louis didn't love about these days was the inevitable random outburts of being bored that came with them.

The urge to want to do something, to get up from their comfortable, cuddled position under Louis' bed as Spongebob played on the t.v in the background, and just do something.

What he hated even more was the fact that he knew he wasn't going to do anything about it. Because he knew Harry was comfortable and there was no way Louis was going to make Harry move from his comfortable state.

But he'd be lying if he said slow days weren't those days where he just couldn't stop thinking of how nice it would be for them to just be soft with each other, and just take their time getting there.

These were the days he wanted to love Harry the most.

Slow days were Harry's favorite days, though he longed to spend them other ways- with Louis, of course. But this didn't mean that he doesn't mind that he can just lay here, and hold Louis.

And he likes that he gets to do that, but it's not like it's something he can't do everyday. He can, and does.

These were those days where it seemed as though nothing was going to happen, they were going to stay in this bed, warm and cuddled up, order some food, and fall asleep earlier because laying in bed all day, only makes you more sleepy.

Louis nudges his shoulder, and gives Harry a look, and Harry knows what he wants. He squints his eyes at Louis before being dramatic, and letting out an exaggerated groan before getting up and making the long walk down to the kitchen to grab the Chinese take-out menu.

"What do you want, you idiot?" Harry asks, walking back into the room.

"Idiot? Are you bullying me now?" Louis retorts, sitting up and making grabby hands at the menu.

"Me- You made walk all the way downstairs because your little lazy ass didn't want to get up, yet I'm bullying you?" Harry chuckles, mocking offense as he sits back down on the bed.

"Oh, you poor baby," Louis sasses, unfolding the menu and looking through the different options, trying to not get the exact same thing they got the last day like this, "what're you in the mood for?"

"I don't mind," Harry yawns, rolling over to look at the menu with Louis, "get extra egg rolls though," he chuckles softly when Louis sends him a look, "don't worry, I'll eat them all."

"You better." he jokes before walking downstairs to grab the house phone and call in their order, sighing as he hangs up because he doesn't want to wait a half hour for his food.

;

After an extremely long thirty minutes, Louis gets his room ready as Harry is downstairs, getting the food for them.

"Grease again, Lou?" Harry groans, playfully of course, he doesn't really care what they watch, he's more concerned with eating.

"Yes Harry, Grease again." Louis replies, mocking Harry's voice as he puts the dvd in, and smiles when the trailers start rolling.

He skips straight to the menu, and hits play, singing along to the song that plays during the opening credits. Harry dances to it in a goofy way as he serves the both of them, setting Louis' plate in his desk because the boy can't eat on his bed without getting it dirty.

"They think our love is just a growin' pain, why don't they understand," Louis sings along, getting up and giving Harry's ass a light slap as he keeps dancing, "it's just a cryin' shame."

Harry mumbles the words as he pulls Louis' bean bag next to his desk chair, so he won't have to eat alone; he hates eating alone.

As they eat, the time words are said, are when they speak along with the characters. By the time the boys finish eating, they movie is at the point where everyone is at the pep rally, and Danny acts like an asshole to Sandy because he's in front of his friends.

They pause the movie so they can get cleaned up, and take all the food to the kitchen, leaving a note for Jay, saying that she can eat all the left overs because they really don't plan on eating Chinese until their next lazy day.

By time Harry walks back up, and gets comfortable in the bed, Sandy is standing outside, as she starts singing Hopelessly Devoted to You.

"Y'know I'm just a fool who's willin' to sit around and wait for you," Louis sings to Harry, giggling when he hears Harry mumble 'shady' under his breath, "but baby can't you see? There's nothin' else for me to do."

Harry remains silent as he watches Louis sing, still wondering why of all the movies out there, Louis' favorite one is a musical.

"I'm out of my head," Harry sings along, Louis tells him he's got a nice voice, "hopelessly devoted to you." he pokes Louis' stomach and thanks him.

Louis continues to sing along, though his voice is softer now because he knows there's no way he can out sing Harry. But of course, Harry stops singing, and pushes him to sing seriously, and praises him as he sings seriously.

;

He doesn't remember when, but at some point, Harry fell asleep.

Louis doesn't wake him, Harry doesn't sleep much, so Louis treats any little bit of sleep as something precious, something that shouldn't be messed with.

He was asleep on Louis' chest as the younger boy had his fingers threaded through slightly knotted curls, and sang to him softly any time one a new song started.

The older boy started stirring in his sleep around the point in the movie where Rizzo starts singing There Are Worse I Could Do, and woke up completely when the principle was giving the farewell announcement to the seniors of Riddell High.

He doesn't speak upon waking up, knowing how raspy his voice can be. He sits up and stretches and by the time he gets comfortable with Louis laying across his lap, Louis is speaking with the characters, mumbling 'Tell me about it, stud' under his breath; he didn't want Harry to hear it, but Harry heard it anyways.

"I got chills, they're multiplyin'," Harry ruffles Louis' hair, already taking on Danny's part, "and I'm losin' control."

They laugh with each other as they sing the last two songs, and yeah, slow days like this are the best- in both of their opinions.

*****

short? waaaaaaaaaaaaa