Chapter 41

"Screw you! Let my brother go!" Misha scratched his face while telling Rubab to call the police and she nodded immediately. The moment, the police inspector picked up, all his friends halted along with Zahid who felt their faces going pale.

"Let him go. We will handle them later. Let's leave. And you," Zahid turned his bloodied battered face at Misha, "I would be careful if I ever you." With that he left along with his friends while Misha rushed to her brother's side who was lying on the ground moving from left to right and Rubab hung up on the call.

"Bhai? Bhai? Talk to me. Zoya call an ambulance please!" Zoya started to dial the number but Qasim stopped her immediately.

"No, it's fine. I can walk. Call Saleem or Humayun instead."

"Bhai, you need to go to a hospital." Misha said as she pulled him up while he seethed out in pain.

"Yeah, I will go but call them instead. An ambulance will only exaggerate the situation." Qasim said as he sat down on a chair and grimaced at all his body parts that were aching. Misha agreed as she called Saleem who didn't pick up so she called Humayun who picked up on the first ring.

"Humayun bhai! Please come to the location I am sending you ASAP. There was a fight and Qasim bhai is injured badly. Please come quickly." Misha said in one go and Humayun felt his heart drop as he replied with 'I am on my way.' Misha then focused her attention back on Qasim. Zoya had given him a glass of water which he was drinking while frowning.

"Are you sure I shouldn't call an ambulance?" Misha questioning, eyeing her brother's condition.

"Yes, little one. I am fine. Nothing is broken, I think. You girls acted smart and fast and they left me alone." Qasim said while dabbing a tissue on his busted lip. He was sure he was going to have dark blue bruises everywhere tomorrow but he could feel all his body parts so that was a good thing. "Stop panicking, I have been in worse fights when I was your age." He brought his aching arm up to ruffle Misha's hair.

"How did you know where to find us?" Misha smiled weakly at her brother who was trying his best to appear strong.

"Well, you weren't picking up plus you had sent me the location when you had sent me a reminder message to pick you up so I just decided followed the leads. What happened here anyway?"

"No idea bhai, he was just some creepy stoned guy who decided to come bother us while we were minding our own business." Zoya answered because unlike Rubab, she had practically grown up with Misha and her entire family so she was pretty cool on talking to Misha's brothers as if they were her own.

"Well, why did the staff say anything to him?" Qasim asked confused as he looked to the manager who had been standing silently by the side with an apologetic and frightened look on his face. "You! Come here! Why did you let them bother other people?"

"Apologies sir, the people who just left are regulars here and one of them owns the area that this restaurant is made on so we are at a risk of losing our jobs if we tried to do anything. We are very sorry sir, we didn't think the matter would escalate to this extent. It has never happened before." The manager replied hesitantly.

"Can you tell me who they are?" Qasim inquired as he relaxed on the seat while processing the information the manager had just told them.

"Well, sir, all of them have powerful backgrounds, the one that um, bothered Ma'am here is Zahid Sheikh. He is the son of a health minister and well the rest you can see. We will give you complimentary dishes to make up for this mistake. Do forgive us, sir but we were helpless in that situation." The manager replied with a frightful expression. They all could tell he wanted to say more but decided to stay quiet instead. He breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed another man, Misha's other brother, Humayun, join the scene.