Chapter 40

Misha's result surprised her and her entire family. She had scored all A's and managed to get 100% scholarship for college. Rubab had scored all A's too and Zoya had scored all A's apart from Chemistry but she was more than happy with her result. All of them were all set to start college in less than two weeks. Ibraheem was happy for her and he was back in Karachi. Her family was proud of her too. Life was good.

However, all it took was one celebration for things to go downhill. Misha, Zoya and Rubab had decided to celebrate their amazing results by going out to eat the same day. Something they wish they never had done now, something they wished they had done at home instead but they don't blame each other for what happened. It was meant to be. God has a way of proving you wrong if you think you have everything planned out.

....

"Allah Hafiz Ammi! Zoya is here. Tell Qasim bhai to pick me up from the restaurant at 9-ish once he is done with his gym classes." Misha hugged her mom quickly who recited some Ayahs of protection unto her daughter before seeing her off. This was the first time Misha was allowed to go out ever since she had been shot. But Of course, the permission came with conditions. Zoya won't be driving but instead it will be her driver and armed guard who will stay with them and Misha will call or text them hourly about her and her friends wellbeing's.

Misha obliged and promised to do all of the above. She was rather calm because she Zoya and Rubab knew that it wasn't in fact a robber who had done the damage to Misha but Misha herself but they weren't about to tell them that. Things had been good. She was all healed up now and Ibraheem wasn't having crazy episodes either.

Zoya was sitting in the middle of the back seat and hugged Misha the moment she sat down in the car as well. The guard was sitting in the passenger seat while Rubab was sitting on Zoya's right side.

"Hey! OMG! Congratulations to all of us!" Zoya squealed as she hugged both Rubab and Misha.

"YAS! WE ARE DONE WITH OLEVELS! I am so proud of us MashaAllah!" Misha hugged back in a weird way while Zoya giggled and Rubab tried to untangle from the vice like grip Zoya had on her neck while laughing.

"We did it guys. Alhamdulilah." Rubab said softly and Misha and Zoya grinned widely. "How is your injury?" Rubab eyed the thigh. When she had heard that Misha had been shot, she panicked so bad that it was the first time Zoya and Misha had seen so many emotions on her normally emotionless face. It was also the first time they had seen Rubab cry.

"All better now." Misha rubbed her thigh and felt a twitch of pain but smiled, ignoring that. "So where are we going to eat?"

"Oh, me and Rubab decided on this place. What do you think? It looks aesthetic and the reviews are nice as well."

"Alright, let's go. You know I am a sucker for aesthetic." Misha concluded while approving of the place from the looks of their Instagram page that Zoya was showing to her on her phone and on they went.

....

The place was as aesthetic as they had seen on the page. All three of them placed their orders and then waited for someone to start talking on a random topic. Zoya's older brother sent a text message indicating that they had to call the guard and driver back home because their father has to go to an urgent meeting in Islamabad so she can go to Misha's place and he can pick her up from there later or tomorrow morning. Zoya was more than happy to oblige to the change of plans because that meant a slumber party.

"Rubab convince your mom to let you stay over at Misha's too. It will be so fun!" Zoya tried to coerce Rubab into agreeing who nodded as she started to call her mother for permission. Once her mother picked up, Zoya and Misha went silent as they eagerly waited for Rubab's mother to agree.