020.

Chapter Twenty.

"You've shown me your true colors, one's that I don't too much favor. So from now on I'm handling you with caution."—Citrus M. Hayes

Bridal Store
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"I like how it fits you," Braelin complimented. "Orange looks great on you CiCi."

"Why thank you." Citrus posed, popping out right leg and sticking out her tongue.

"Getting some more meat on you too!" Xylani observed. "Nahiem must be putting it down."

"Aht aht!" Briana shook her head. "Don't give men that much credit. It's based on the work that we put in, not them."

"Definitely." Braelin agreed.

"So is everyone content with the bridesmaids dresses?" Briana raised a brow.

"I love em'." Xylani smiled.

Citrus nodded. "I'm cool."

"Brae?" Briana turned towards her sister. "What do you think?"

"It's your wedding," She shrugged. "What about Nova and Mykaila? Did you ask them?" She referred to their cousins, who were also apart of the bridal party, but couldn't make it due to their conflicting work schedules.

"Yes, sent them pictures earlier," Briana furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," Braelin looked down at her hands. "So who's your maid of honor?" She cut her eyes at Citrus who softly exhaled.

"I mean I was the maid of honor for Citrus's wedding, so it's only right she do the same for me."

"So it's just fuck your sister, huh? Your twin at that?"

"Jesus." Xylani sighed.

"Bitch," Braelin popped her neck in Xylani's direction. "Don't start wit' me."

"What is your problem?" Xylani shot back. "She's been your sister all her life, you guys will have plenty of other things to share. Is it really that serious? Citrus is her bestfriend."

"I think both my sister and Citrus, can speak fo' themselves. Last time I checked, I wasn't talkin' to you."

"Girl whatever," Xylani waved her off. "Fuck you and your lame ass attitude. All I know is you got one more time to call me out my name, for real."

"And what if I do?" Braelin raised a brow.

"Alright," Brix raised her hands up. "Can we not do this today, please?"

"Like I said," Xylani repeated. "One more  time." She held up her pointer finger.

The two bickering whilst Briana played as their referee; quickly flooded out of Citrus's ears as she watched Yair's car pull towards the back of the shop.

"Citrus what do you think?" Braelin broke her from her translucent state.

"Huh?" Citrus furrowed her brows. "Oh. I think that it's not that big of a deal, it's just a title. If you want it then you can have it, but this was your sister's choice so maybe you should just accept it. Excuse me." She made her way back to the dressing room and quickly changed back into her clothes.

A soft knock sounded on the door, causing her to pull it open.

"You going somewhere?" Brix cocked her head to the side.

"Yes," Citrus nodded. "I have to give something to my friend Miranda, for a school project. She's outside so I'll be right back."

"Don't leave me here with em fighting like this," Briana pleaded. Clasping her hands together in a praying motion. "I can't take it Ci, I need someone wit' a balanced mindset ta' help me out."