012.

Chapter Twelve.

"Sometimes people are different than how they might be presented to the outside world," —Citrus M. Hayes

Nicks Diner
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Yair Nixon cocked his head back as he stared at Citrus in complete awe, "So you really never had a steak and cheese, before?" He then watched as she shook her head, making her response evident, "That's ridiculous," He exhaled, dramatically. Next leaning forward and taking his keys out of the ignition, "Come on."

"Yair," Citrus pulled her bottom lip into her mouth.

She looked out the window and into the neighborhood, taking in the scenery and different activities occurring around her.

Once again, the place was extremely lively. It seemed as though Eden Park never slept. From the amount of people that were gathered around the medium sized building known as Nick's: a family owned diner that specialized in their hot sandwiches and slushes— Citrus knew that it had of been the local hot spot. From women her age, men Yair's age, to little kids and toddlers around Bain's age, the area was definitely packed.

However, no matter how amped up the area was; Citrus couldn't get over that aching feeling in her chest. Here she was, once more in a place that she knew she had absolutely no business being. Though, whenever Yair asked something of her she couldn't find it in her to say no.To turn down his offers or advances...to ignore the wandering look in his eyes. There was truly something about Yair Nixon and that something was powerful.

"What's up?" He took his seat belt off and gave her his undivided attention.

Citrus looked him over, taking in his casual attire, fresh fade and strong facial structure. He was so beautiful which might've been a weird way to describe a man...but that was one of the first words to come to mind. Unlike, Qadir he was much more soft and well rounded...he looked approachable while Qadir definitely had a hard exterior and aura to him. Yair just seemed like a person that other's would yearn to be around while Qadir had so many walls built up that a sane person wouldn't dare try to break through.

"Why am I comparing them?" She placed a palm on her forehead.

"Comparing who?" Yair raised a brow.

"Nothing," Citrus quickly shook her head, "Um what does this have to do with the—" She paused and cleared her throat, "You know with the project?" She pointed towards the diner, "You called and said that you needed me so I assumed that it was for the project. You know? But you had me park my car at your place and then brought us here....for what?"

"I mean food is apart of our culture, wouldn't you say? Nicks?" He motioned outside to the diner, "Is apart of Eden Park's culture. If they knock this down where is everyone supposed to meet up at, after the parties? Or when school end and it transitions into those hot summer days when you're craving a slushy and some chilli fries? Where would you go?"

"Oh," Citrus nodded, "I understand," She unbuckled her seatbelt, "I've already eaten though."

"That's fine," He shrugged, "You have ta' try their slushes though."

"K," She unbuckled her seatbelt and motioned for him to lead the way.

"So I was thinking that we record some of these adventures, what you think?" Yair proposed as he met her around the car, "On top of the interviews."

"That sounds good," She agreed and allowed him to lead the way into the restaurant.

"Find a seat, I'll order."