Chapter 8-Saving the Enemy Again

Beginne am Anfang

He looked quite furious and Xiu Xiang could only understand why. He was someone who stood on the side of justice and was extremely loyal to his own sect. He didn't think for a second that someone in his own sect would kill another. It was as if his eyes were opened to the evil inside a human's heart.

"Why do you keep silent about this? Why do you let them treat you like this?" he said angrily. Xiu Xiang sighed as she said, "I'm not strong. Even if I put up a fight, the punishment will only get worse. It's best to keep quiet."

"They tried to kill you!" he exclaimed.

Xiu Xiang cocked her head to the side as she stared at him.

"Why do you care? We don't even know each other," she said. He went quiet as if he was struggling to find an answer.

"Then tell me. Why did you save me in that cave? You didn't know me either," he said.

"Do I need a reason to help someone? I just move automatically when I see someone in need of help," she said.

Wei Xing looked like he wanted to throw back a retort but the two of them heard something move nearby.

"It's probably best if we get moving and hide somewhere safe for now," Xiu Xiang suggested. She didn't even ask if he needed help and instantly grabbed one of his arms and threw it around her shoulders.

"W-what are you doing?!" Wei Xing exclaimed. His cheeks flushed red as he struggled to free himself.

"Relax. You've just taken an antidote. If you move around too much, the poison will act up," she said then pulled him closer still. His body tensed up as he gritted his teeth. Unable to refute her words, he let her half carry her through the forest.

As the two of them walked away, Wang Yue's group hid in the distance.

"Damn. Why is that waste so damn hard to kill?" Wang Yue hissed. He couldn't believe that Xiu Xiang escaped without only minor injuries from that fall. Either she was extremely lucky or there really was something off about her.

Song Yi Yan gently caressed his back as she assured him. "Senior Brother, we'll get her. We just need to bide our time. She'll come crawling out by herself eventually."

Wang Yue whipped around to glare at her.

"You all don't understand!" he snapped angrily. The faces of his members contorted in confusion. They all couldn't understand why they needed to kill the waste so badly. She was a stain on their peak and a weakling but did they need to go all out just to kill her?

Wang Yue wanted badly to tell them what Master Feng Mian had told him but he had sworn to secrecy to not tell his members the truth.

After Master Feng Mian came out of seclusion, he had advanced to immortal stage and could sneak a peek into the future. He had seen that every single person in North Peak would die at the hands of Xiu Xiang. The ones who died the worst death was Master Feng Mian, Wang Yue, and Song Yi Yan.

Wang Yue didn't want to believe it at first but seeing how she had survived that cliff drop, he wasn't sure what to think anymore. Either ways, he wasn't going to die by the hands of a stupid girl like Xiu Xiang.

"We need to get rid of her and her body. We can't leave any evidence behind," Wang Yue said as he bit his thumb nervously.

"...then why don't we throw her off the Cliff of Abyss?" Song Yi Yan suggested.

"Cliff of Abyss...?" Wang Yue grinned and grabbed her by the hand. "Song Yi Yan, you're not just beautiful. You're also smart."

Cliff of Abyss!

That cliff side would be the perfect place to cultivate as it was a place filled with spiritual energy. The only problem is that it was too dangerous. First of all, it's full of strong demon beasts. Secondly, you had to cultivate at the edge of the cliffside in order to draw in the spiritual energy. Even if you were able to fend off demon beasts, the draft from the cliffside was extremely strong. One wrong move and you'll fall over.

Anyone who fell over the cliffside would instantly be shredded to pieces as the updraft and downdraft of the wind weren't normal. It was mixed with spiritual energy making it ten times stronger and sharper. Even if you fell and survived the sharp winds, you'd still fall to your death as it was hundreds of meters high.

"We'll secretly follow them. They'll have to separate eventually. Once they do, we'll lure her to Cliff of Abyss and throw her down," Wang Yue said.

It was getting dark when Xiu Xiang and Wei Xing found a cave to settle in for the night. They went a little bit deeper in and Xiu Xiang noticed a pile of old, dry wood, an old fire pit, and small animal bones. She figured that it was safe enough to stay here if someone was able to cook up a small animal.

"Let's stay here until your poison subsides," she said and lowered him down to the ground. Wei Xing stifled a groan as he sat down

"Strange... the antidote should've kicked in by now..." she thought out loud. Her brows furrowed as she examined his body.

"You... this antidote, is it an all-purpose antidote for common snake poison?" Wei Xing asked.

"Yea. Normally when I take it, I'd feel better before night," she said. He scoffed at her reply only to let out a sharp intake of breath. His hand shot up to clutch his chest, his brows knitted tightly together. Seconds ticked by and his breathing calmed down. He was drenched in sweat as he looked up at her.

"What is it?" she asked feeling annoyed at the way he stared at her. It was as if she had suddenly grown horns or something. He eyed her for a long time before he said, "Obviously your body isn't normal. Humans can't ingest magical herbs without suffering some sort of side effect. It's the reason why we turn them into pills. It's faster and safer that way."

"Is that so...?"

How was she supposed to know? She's not even of this world!

The antidote she made was quite strong. If there are side effects to ingesting magical herbs then what side effects would he suffer from? She's never felt any side effects before. Was it because her body is part demon?

"So... the antidote I gave you... you might suffer from some side effects...?" she managed to say. She looked quite guilty. The two of them had spent most of the day searching for a safe place to hide out and she was only able to get a good look at Wei Xing's condition now.

Normally, his face was pale but right now, his face was deathly white. His lips had turned a purplish and his body was shivering.

"...cold..." he managed to say.

"I'm so sorry! I'll start a fire right away!" she quickly rushed over to the stack of dry wood and tossed it into the old fire pit. Nearby was a few flintstones and she picked it up to make sparks. A fire ignited almost instantly, making it a bit warmer.

She turned around with a smile on her face only to find that Wei Xing had fallen to the ground with his eyes closed.

Uh-oh...