A Day At The Café

~The next morning~

Light's POV

I felt the warm heat of the sun shine on my face as I slowly opened my eyes(idk how this works since his eyes are always closed). As a blurry version formed in front of me, I felt something soft against me. I wrapped my arms around this 'thing' and pulled it closer to me. Whatever this is, I must get one later... so.. soft. I took a quick glance at the 'thing' and it was Y/n. I yawned and went back to sleep. Wait a minute..... WAIT Y/N?!?! It took a while for me to realise that Y/n was actually snuggled comfortably in my arms. I pulled away from the hugged but Y/n continued tugging on my shirt burrowing her head into my chest. I try to push her away but ended up making her pull me back into a tight hug. I blushed a little trying to comprehend the situation. I then saw Y/n beginning to stretch as she yawned and slowly opened her eyes.

'She was actually really cute..'

I shook the thought away. When she opened her eyes, our faces were only inches away. We both blushed crimson and pulled away from each other. An awkward silence filled the room as we heard our buddies giggling.

" W-W-WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! " She snapped at me.

" WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! " I snapped back at her.

She looked at me confused which lend me to explain what happened on my side.

" I-I-I woke up.. then suddenly you were beside me! I-I don't know what happened! "

" Oh... then I must've rolled over to your bed by accident... S-sorry.. " She lowered her head in embarrassment and blushed.

I was speechless. Why does she look so.. cute and innocent like that.. I felt my heart beating fasting like it was going to pop out of my chest. I blushed under my hair and said, " I-It's ok... "

I saw that she gently lift up her head and smiled at me which made me blushed even more. There was this warm fuzzy feeling in my chest that I couldn't describe. I heard her giggled as I looked at her confused.

Y/n grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door, " Come on now! Let's just go eat. I'm hungry! "

She smiled brightly at me so I smiled back. This smile... so innocent... the warm fuzzy feeling came back as my cheeks dyed slightly red.. I'll protect her so she can continue smiling... I protect her with my life... even if it's the last thing I'll do..

That is my.....

That is my destiny...

~Mini Timeskip to the living room~

Author's POV

Both you and Light walked into the living to see your dad working on something on his computer.

" hmm? Ehmmm... Mr. Ozora, where's my dad? " Light asked.

" Oh! You two are awake! Well Light, your dad went to the Buddy Card Office to talk to Commissioner Tasuku. You can stay here till he gets back. " My dad replied.

" Oh... ok "

" Anyways... Dad, I wanted to asked you if Light and I could go hang out with Yuga and the others. "

" Sure! Just be home before dinner! "

" YOSH! " I said softly.

I grabbed Light's arm and run out of the house, waving goodbye to my father.