chapter five:

House party

Walking through the entryway I was immediately hit with a cloud of smoke and the smell of sweat. Eddie and I had to push our way through all the body's of people. I've never seen so many humans fit into such a tiny kitchen before.

We finally made it into the living room and that wasn't any better. There were still people but they seemed to be more pushed together in groups rather than spread out and yelling from across the room.

"Yo, Eddie!" Came a males voice in the room, followed by a whistle.

Eddie tugged my hand and brought me over to three guys with drinks in their hands.

"Hey, what's up man?" Smiled the one with the longest hair. Fist bumping Eddie, as soon as we stood in front of him.

"Hey Dave." Greeted Eddie as he nodded to the rest of them. "Dudes, I'd like you to meet Natalie. Natalie, these are the dude's."

I couldn't help but laugh at the silly introduction I was just given.

"Hi it's very nice to meet you... um, dudes." I giggled. Putting my hand over my smile trying to hold back my obnoxious laugh in front of them.

"Oh I like her." Smiled the skinny tall one. He held out his hand and leaned into me while I shook it. "My name's Stone by the way. That's Dave and the one with the stupid hat is Jeff."

"Ay, fuck you Stone. Chicks dig my hat. Right beautiful?" Jeff winked at me as I nodded in agreement. He pushed Stone with his shoulder and if I didn't know any better I would say they were rather drunk as Stone almost feel to the floor. We all laughed but Eddie shot Jeff a look that made him put his hands up in surrender.

"So Natalie, what do you think about our man Eddie? I'm sure MTV has made you curious about the guy and our band." Said Dave.

I was thrown off by his question and looked right at Eddie who just rolled his eyes at his friend. MTV? Band? I was falling for this man yet I knew nothing about him.

"I'm sorry. I don't quite understand what you're asking. I didn't know you guys were in a band." All of the guys turned their attention to Eddie who had his attention to the floor. I squeezed his hand and brought his head up to look at me.

"Yeah Nat. I kinda wanted to talk to you about all that. Guess the cats out of the bag now. Thanks assholes." Eddie sighed. Rubbing the back of his neck and fixing his backwards hat.

"Sorry Ed, I just figured she knew. I mean girls throw themselves at you all the time once they realize who you are."

Eddie watched my expression of interest turn to sadness. I felt like such an idiot standing there knowing nothing. Now knowing Eddie had fangirls throwing themselves at him even had me worried. Was Eddie even the guy who I thought he was? I don't even know anymore.

"Natalie?" Eddie looked at me and I forced a smile for his sake. He knew something was up and looked at his friends. "We're gonna go sit outside. If any of you follow I'll personally kick your ass." They all nodded in understanding and we both headed out. The backyard was quiet, no soul of a person to be found. Eddie walked us over to a colorful hammock that was being held by two trees. We sat down and he pushed us with his feet.