Chapter 6: The Final Mystery

A.M.R Fernandez Journal Entry#4

Weeks later, after the case onboard the Gigantic, Maddie and I came back to the Airship, then the Chief congratulate us for another job well done! We already know that all of the five parties were linked to the mobster's daughter, Giulietta Capecchi. There are possibility that she's Alastor herself. Then the chief summoned me to his office and I don't know why.

"Chief, why am I being summoned?" I asked in confusion.

"Because I want to tell you something..." the chief asked while holding a badge then give it to me. "Congratulations, you've been promoted to Corporal!"

"T-thank you, Sir!" I gladly accepted the badge, while blushing. "Uhm...Is it supposed to give a promotion at the end of the district?"

"Usually, yes, Corporal. If I know an officer needs a promotion, then I'll promote them."

When I heard those words from the chief, I almost cried. I remember the day when I was still a student at FPIA Academy, Mr. C promoted me to what I am right now despite the age. They both knew that I'm doing the best I can to help people, by solving multiple murder cases.

"You really are considerate about the officers under you."

"I have to, I'm the Chief after all, Alyssa." He stands up on his chair and walk towards the table.

"W-what are you doing, Señor?" I was blushing as I said that.

"Give me your badge, I'll pin it to your uniform for you."

"O-okay, Chief." I asked, still blushing while the chief pins the Corporal badge for me.

"You are one of the few who I pin on badges, you know. I like your spirit, and I don't know how you investigate but, I'm really impressed!" He came back to his chair and sits on it. "I call you if I need your help, Corporal. You may go."

As I leave the office, I can tell the chief is smiling at me when I came through the door. When I was at the Airship, Mr. C and Maddie was already there.

"How was it, Alyssa?" Mr. C told me.

"Well, I have been promoted to Corporal, Sir." I replied.

"Congratulations, partner!" Maddie added.

"Thanks, Maddie!"

"Arthur really knows when to promote an officer." Mr. C told us, grinning. "Anyways, Herschel's here."

"Really?!"

Then Hersch came. Few of the people know that he's my boyfriend and he's courting me. Also, he's Mr. Cunningham's nephew and Chief Hugo's son.  He's have a lot in common with Chief Wright, you know. He's kind, gentleman, charming, attractive, caring, neat, and a chief too. I really don't know why I was really have some...thing with Chiefs. 

"Nice to meet you, Miss Madeline. I'm Herschel Scott Cunningham, Elite Force Chief for FPIA" he introduced himself.

"What are you doing here, Percival?" I asked him.

"I want to go to Concordia, so Uncle Arthur told me to come with him!" He replied.