Chapter 8: Century Mile's Most Heinous Crime

A/N: This happened after the trial in the previous chapter.

A.M.R Fernandez Journal Entry#6

Back at the FPIA headquarters, Carter and I were back to the present. I usually get a day off after my mission, but now I have another case to solve today.

"Good luck to your mission, Galahad." My partner remarked, he knows that I am doing my best.

"I'll do, Gawain." I replied, smiled at him. "This is really important that I will solve it with Maddie and myself."

"Okay. I have to go, too."

In the Flying Squad's Airship, Maddie, Charlie, and Rose were already inside the pantry. They seemed to be wondered why I have gone for weeks.

"I'm back, Squad!!" I greeted them. "As you are going to ask, I came from France to do some important matter."

"W-why..." Stammered Maddie.

"I'll tell you in time, everyone." My lady partner is surprised when I said that. "I have to go to the Chief's Office, to talk to the Chief."

Inside the office, the Chief is sitting on the chair and looking for the files for the previous case.

"I trust you've been well, Wright? I'm back!" I told him, parody intended. "I'm really sorry it took so long to get back."

"It's okay, nothing much happened since you're out of the picture." He replied.

"Well..."I looked at the young Chief in the eyes and puts the file on his desk. "These files is about my research on the Crystal Palace for the World Exhibition coming in 3 days. These also contains the progress of the place and Hershel's search, too."

"Thank you, Corporal. Even you are doing something...confidential, you really did remember the files, I am impressed!"

"So Hersch told you? Well, I'm not surprised." I glanced at the chief. "Did he tell you about anything else?"

"No, Alyssa. He didn't told me anything."

"That's good enough, Señor. I have go back to the present, see you later!" I saluted to him, then leave the office.

After four days, the final night of the Exhibition, I was inside the Airship with Mr. Bontemps talking about the Exhibition, then Constable Ramirez reported that there was a murder at the Exhibition's tower, so we went to the scene to investigate.

On the crime scene, Mr. Bontemps and I found Miss Celine Georges, dead. She's fell from the top of the tower.

"Miss Georges is dead!! It's not an accident, I'm sure!" I exclaimed. "I also found this pistol!"

"We have to take it the lab to identify who it belongs to." Mr. Bontemps replied. "And also this picture, we have to piece it back together."

"Let's do this!"

After that, we went to lab to decipher the pistol and it turns out to be the Chief's.

"Do my eyes deceive me, Corporal? That engraving indicates this firearm belongs to Chief Wright!" My partner exclaimed.

"I can't believe this!!" Mr. Bontemps continued.