Special Chapter: The Arrival and Party

AN: I decided that I have to add a chapter before Chapter 1 because I admit that Alyssa's appearance is a bit off.

In the year 2013, in the Federal Police Intelligence Agency Headquarters, Alyssa Fernandez, Code name Galahad is ready to embark another journey in the city of Concordia, in Late 19th Century. She's a time-traveler and an officer for FPIA, have many missions like these to fix the timeline. She is wondering what Concordia looked like and the people there.

When she is on the ship, she was daydreaming about what will happen when she is already on the team. Alyssa found a letter inside her satchel, the messenger gave her before she leave for the trip, two days ago. In the first look, it doesn't looked like a letter for an officer. The handwriting is really neat and fancy. She recognized the handwriting and saw this letter before inside the book that her boss, Arthur Cunningham gave to her. He said that is the other copy of Charles Dupont's Journal. The original one is in the possession of Charles' descendant. She read the letter, it says;

Dear Ms. Alyssa Fernandez,

I'm writing to tell you to join my team. We are known as the Concordian Flying Squad, hence the name, our headquarters is in the Airship. I have followed your career back in the FPIA, you are a great investigator, I'm certain. I'm not sure if you want to come with us, but if you do, write me back and come to Concordia as soon as possible.

Two of the members of the squad were waiting for you at the docks. I am really look forward to be working with us. I hope that you have a good trip there.

Sincerely,

Chief Arthur Wright

When Alyssa finished reading the letter, she let out a deep sigh, knowing Chief Wright, her crush since her high school days wrote a letter to her. Well, she knows that it is for formalities and not expecting anything. Other part of her thinking that he's concerned about her, but how? He doesn't met her yet.

Once the young lady was on the docks, holding a single suitcase. (That's because to disguise herself that she got off from Spain.)It contains some clothes and some gadgets hidden inside.

Two people approach her. She knows who they are, the young lady is Madeline O'Malley and the young man is Charles Dupont. Madeline have a beautiful curly cranberry red hair and emerald green eyes. She's wearing a green top hat a goggles attached to it and a coat and Charles Dupont have a golden blond hair and green eyes. He is wearing a beige vest and a striped necktie. Madeline looked at Alyssa, wondering and asked, "Are you Ms. Alyssa Fernandez, by any chance?"

"Yes, I am." Alyssa nodded.

Maddie smiled at her and said, "I am glad we found you! Chief Wright sent us to collect you! Welcome to Concordia! My name is Madeline O'Malley, but you can call me Maddie."

The young man, Charlie looked at Alyssa and smiled as well. "And I'm Charlie Dupont, at your service!"

Alyssa smiled back at both of them. She was glad to meet the people who she only read on the book before and a chance to meet the Chief, too!! Maddie with Charlie take Alyssa the Airship, which is the headquarters of the Squad. But they were interrupted by the scream coming from the other side of the docks.

"Alyssa, did you heard that?!" Maddie exclaimed, she looked a little terrified.

"Si, I did, Maddie!" Alyssa replied. "It sounds like somebody's in distress!"