Chapter 3: Dangers of Travelling the Past

A.S Cunningham Journal Entry #4

The next day, in the Flying Squad's Airship, Mycroft and I found out that we can't go back to the past, for a while. We have decided to investigate further about Concordia and deal with it later.

"We need to pretend that we are from here. Everyone in the Squad didn't know about it, including Arthur." I asked as I reading the files about the past cases. Then, I stopped reading. "Speaking of Arthur Wright, where is he?

"I presume in the luncheon?" he replied.

"Maybe...?" I said, as I put the reports on my satchel.

Then, Madeline arrived. I know she's in panic but I really don't know why this time. I want to know it by her saying it, not by observing it!

"I'm just the thinking the same thing, sir!" Madeline said to us, in panic. "But, he's not!"

"Really?!" My brother and I responded in surprise.

"That's strange that he's not at the party right now." George continued.

"I thought the same impression. Let's find him." I ordered.

After several minutes, in the Chief's Office, Madeline, Mycroft and I were finding a lead on where the Chief of the Flying Squad should go at this time. We found out he last went to the CPD Headquarters. Madeline found a letter on Arthur's desk.

"Let me read. 'I kidnapped your little friend, and find me with the trail I gave.-Daniel'" I hold the letter in anger knowing that my arch-enemy kidnapped Arthur. "Agh! That Daniel!"

"Are you alright to continue this?" My brother reassuring me.

"Of course! I want to do my job as a philanthropist."

"Okay. I leave it up to you. Good luck."

As my older brother leave the office, I put the letter to my satchel and checking if the reports are finished before I said a word. I have to make sure we haven't missed anything here. Also, I am thinking about on what are we going to do next.

"Madeline, leave me and let Alyssa come with me." I addressed to the young Detective.

"Alright, Mr. Cunningham." she replied.

After a few minutes, at the Police Station, Alyssa came with inconsistency on what happened to the Squad's Chief. She's really worried about him because he's her boss. I know she wants to tell the truth to him after this, but this is not the right time to tell it.

"There you are. I really need your help right now." I said to Galahad. Turns to her and gave a serious look. "We need to be discreet."

"Alright, sir. You don't want to revealed our identity yet." she replied. She knows that I'm really serious of what I'm doing.

"Right. Especially, to Arthur. And I don't want to hurt anyone or everyone because of it!" I can't control myself when I say it.

"Just calm down, Mr. Cunningham. We'll call for ayuda." 

"It's no use, detective. We can't call because we are stuck in here!"

"How danger if you tell the truth to Chief Wright?"

"Really dangerous. I want them to know but, I can't."

When Alyssa and I were going to go inside the Police Station, I surprisingly saw my wife, Christine Ehrlich. A beautiful lady in her late 40's. Her emerald green eyes were as charming as her appeal was. She's really kind, intelligent, generous, and especially a loving wife. I met her when we are kids but he migrated to Germany to study law there. I met her again when I was 20 and have a crush on her, back then. Yes, she's German, and the only daughter of the Judge, but I know she's worried about me, that is why she's here.

"There you are! Arthur, what took you so long?" she said, obviously not happy about me, staying here long.

"Well, we're stuck in here, that's why." I replied.

"That's why the professor can't contacted you."

"We're trapped?" Alyssa responded, surprised.

"Yes. Anyway...We have a bad news. Arthur's been captured! We need to get going." I ordered.

Now that the Chief of the Flying Squad is missing, the team was in panic. I, to be honest don't know what to do right now. I have to find him as soon as possible. If I didn't, the timeline will be different! We have to find another lead  on both Wolcott's plan and the Chief's disappearance. I don't want the Flying Squad to suffer things without Arthur.  This event wasn't supposed to happened, so I...I mean we have to stop it in time.