(OG) Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Ha! Nice ride!" Ayana rolled her eyes as Evelyn grinned, pulling her along.

"Yeah, it can hit mach 3 in a walk," Jax glanced at them, then back to the panel in front of him, "Pretty cool."

"How'd you know so much about it?" Ayana hid the smirk on her face at Leonards question, pulling Evelyn into one of the seats on the small ship.

"Little thing called an instruction manual." A snicker passed through the brunette's lips as the dark-skinned male lifted the device up, earning a glare from her soulmate.

"Did you read the part about learning to fly this thing?" Another eye roll.

"Of course." Ayana muttered to where only Evelyn could hear her, the red head shot her an excited grin.

"Wow. Carter is dead, Kendra is this close to joining him, and Vandal Savage is still alive and out there doing God knows what, and all you can think about is stealing some diamond?" Jax's irritation was evident on his face.

"It's an emerald." Leonard stated, straight faced.

"Is there anything you think about other than yourself?" A scowl adorned the dark skinned male's face

"Yes. Money." Snart was silent for a moment, "And as of recent, the brunette whose initals are branded on me." Blood rushed to Ayana's cheeks.

"Nah. I'm not helping you guys steal anything. So if you want to shoot me, then shoot me." The two female's present eyes widened.

"Can I shoot him? - " Ayana shot Mick a glare

"You got a pair on you, kid. I respect that." Snart told Jax nonchalantly.

"So no shooting..." You could hear the exitement drain from Mick's voice.

"Look, you don't actually have to help us steal anything. We just need to get to Central City. We'll be there and back before anyone knows we're even gone." The two girls shared a look. Something wasn't right.

"Man, even if I wanted to help, and I'm not saying that I do, this thing's got a security lockout. We need an access key."

"You can't tell me you don't wanna see what this baby can do." Leonard held the keys up.

***

"That's what I call a clean heist. Thanks for not setting the museum on fire, partner; and you, thanks for being our getaway driver." Ayana's eyes fell to the gem her soulmate held.

"Speaking of, let's get the hell back to the ship." You could hear the nervousness in Jax's voice.

"Oh, one more stop." Confusion filled the jumpship.

"What're you talking about, boss?"

"1629 Handley Avenue." Determination radiated off of him.

"What's on Handley Avenue?"

"It's where we grew up." Evie added, looking at her best friend's soulmate perplexed.

"That's why you wanted to steal the Maximilian Emerald." Mick chuckled

"Mick, enough." Evie hissed.