Ch. 33

Ayana sat in the medbay, she'd taken a nasty hit to the head after a mission.

"It will be a moment Mrs. Snart, I have to find medication that is acceptable for your condition." Gideon announced. Ayana browse furrowed.

"What do you mean, my 'condition'?"

"You programmed me to detect early symptoms of gestation."

Ayana froze, heart rate increasing. She stared at the hologram above her in disbelief.

"Are you sure? I don't feel pregnant."

"As sure as possible, under the circumstances. Mrs. Snart, I'm detecting increased levels of hCG, a pregnancy hormone." Gideon answered calmly.

"How far along am I?"

"Approximately six weeks, Mrs. Snart. Based on your scans, I calculated that you conceived approximately seven weeks ago." Gideon paused. "Do you wish me to tell your husband?"

"You've got to be kidding me!" She muttered, face in her hands.

"Your scan also indicates that your unborn child appears to be healthy." Gideon assured her.

"I apologize for having to deliver such shocking news to you, Mrs. Snart."

Ayana glanced at her flat stomach, considering what to do next.

She finally stood up and made her way out of the medbay, hearing her husband enter the room shortly afterwards.

"How's your head?" He gave her a concerned look.

"Headache."

"Should've known," He smirked, "Nothing phases my assassin."

"Yeah" she smiled. She felt guilty about withholding the fact she was pregnant.

She hadn't even processed it herself, much less thought about how she was going to tell Leonard.

Suddenly, he took her by the shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"You really scared me," His eyes softened, "are you ok?"

"Yeah," She nodded, giving him a weak smile.

Her smile faded as nausea took over.

"What's wrong?" He moved closer to her.

"Nothing." She ran to the bathroom attached to their quarters.

Leonard sighed, knowing she was hiding something from him. He entered the bathroom to find her on the floor.

"Here, sit up." He helped her sit up.

"My head hurts."

"Try to relax." He attempted to sooth her pain. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah."

"No you aren't."

"Fine. I need some air." She rolled her eyes and stood up, walking out the door.

Leonard followed her, anger evident in his voice, "Don't you think I know when you're lying?!"

"What are you talking about?" She snapped, turning towards him.

"You're being all quiet and withdrawn." He reached out and touched her face, "You know you can tell me anything."

"Leonard," she turned away from him and continued walking.

He followed her, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"What is it?! What happened?"

"I'm pregnant!" She blurted out, avoiding eye contact.

"It really happened?"

"It appears so." Leonard grabbed his wife's hand, squeezing it tightly.

"We're having a baby," He breathed, still in shock. "You're not naming my son Bartholomew."

She laughed. "Okay, no Bartholomew."