➤10

"D-dad?"

Taehyung's father lifted his eyebrow once he noticed his son. For a second it was obvious that he was surprised but he then quickly masked it.

"Son!" He smiled widely, showing off his blood-stained teeth. "I should have known you would still be alive and kicking," he stood up as he spoke. He stepped over the female body on the floor like it was nothing and came closer to Taehyung.

Taehyung was frozen on the spot. His mind was all over the place and he couldn't think straight.

"You are my son after all," his father spread his arms in a gesture for Taehyung to hug him. But the boy didn't move. He couldn't even process what was happening, let alone move. His father didn't seem to mind and with his signature smirk that gave Taehyung the chills, he hugged him.

"Father?" Taehyung whimpered. His dad squeezed him harder. He passed it off as a nice gesture, but it brought a lot of unwanted memories to Taehyung. When he was little his father often did it if they were in public and Taehyung 'misbehaved'. He would pretend to be a nice and caring father while people were around, hugging and caressing his son - only to leave bruises all over Taehyung's skin. But those were nothing compared to what Taehyung would get once they were home, inside their four walls.

His father moved away and gazed into Taehyung's eyes with his bloodshot ones.

"Are you... are you a vampire?" Taehyung shakily asked. It was a stupid question. He was aware that his father was indeed a vampire but something was stopping him from processing it all.

"Ah, son..." His father walked past him. Taehyung stood frozen while his father walked into to kitchen to grab a wine glass. He came back moving to a further corner where a small mini fridge was located. While he was walking towards it, he carelessly stepped over the body on the floor and Taheyung gulped at the sight of his dead stepmother. It was horrifying and he had to look away, the image would haunt his dreams for sure. He winced and looked back towards his father at the sound of the door slamming. His father was draining a blood bag and emptying it out into a wine glass. "My dear, dear son..." He brought the glass to his lips and took a sip while staring at Taehyung.

"Isn't it obvious? Yes, I've been a vampire for a while. And I gotta tell you..."

Jungkook glanced at Hoseok. Both of them were getting a bit antsy but Hoseok masked it better. Jungkook really wasn't trying. And Hoseok wasn't having it.

"Jungkook, calm down!"

"He's been in there for five minutes already," Jungkook instantly fired up.

"And that's fine," Hoseok argued. "He couldn't have gotten all the stuff he needed already, I'm sure. Let's just calmly wait for him," Hoseok sent a meaningful look to Jungkook but the younger just put on his bratty face and crossed his arms. "Emphasis on calmly," Hoseok added.

Jungkook decided to stay quiet but as more minutes passed by (or hours if you ask him) he couldn't help but feel increasingly nervous. Hoseok was also worried and after seeing Jungkook's nervous tics start kicking in (like pinching his skin, shaking his legs, playing with and cracking his fingers; and more) he had to stop it.

"Hey, let's go upstairs to check up on him, hmm?" Hoseok asked and Jungkook was standing up straight in no time, nodding his head vigorously.

They walked up a few stairs when Jungkook suddenly stopped.

"Jungkook, what is it?"

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"