➤2

The morning after Jungkook was thrown out of his home, he and Taehyung were awakened up by Taehyung's mother. Well, step-mother.

"Kim Taehyung, you lazy child, what are you doing?!"

She slammed the door open.

"Oh great, you're now bringing the people you sleep with here. Fantastic."

Jungkook pulled the covers over his face. He was never really introduced to her. He saw her a couple of times, but Taehyung rarely talked about his family after his mother died.

He knew she didn't care about Taehyung being bi or sleeping with people, unlike Jungkook's parents. Jungkook guessed she didn't really care about him at all.

"Why aren't the dishes clean Taehyung?!"

"I'm sorry, mom. Jungkook was having some troubles with his family and I was trying to help and I forgot."

"Well, you better clean everything up before your father comes," she gave him a harsh look. "You know how he gets and I don't have the time, I need to go to work." She walked out of the room.

"Wait!" Taehyung stood up in alert. "He's coming back?"

"Yes."

"And you're letting him?" He ran after her.

"What else am I supposed to do Taehyung?"

"You know he's a cheating scumbag with a gambling addiction! You should've dumped his ass ages ago!"

"Well, his business is really booming right now."

"That changes nothing!"

"Taehyung we need the money. It's getting harder and harder. He's your father, you can't expect me to provide by myself for someone else's child!"

"He's NOT my father. He doesn't deserve to be called that. Not after I had to endure so much bullshit from him."

"Well try not to get him angry this time. I know he can be violent but he quickly becomes drowsy. Just give him a drink and let him be."

"You act as he never hurt you while he was drunk! But he did! He's a monster. What if he starts beating you regularly too now?!"

"Look, Taehyung, I just told you. If you really can't stand him, move out. Heavens knows it would be easier for me."

She put on her shoes and grabbed her coat. "Great, now I'm gonna be late. Think about what I said, Taehyung."

She grabbed her keys and walked out. "Annoying child," she slammed the door.

Taehyung was left standing in the middle of the apartment.

"Tae?" Jungkook walked out of his room, a blanket covering him like a robe. "Are you okay?"

Taehyung sat on the couch and massaged his forehead. "I thought he wouldn't come back this time. That he was gone for good. I should've known it was too good to be true."

"You think he'll try to beat you again?" Jungkook asked timidly.

"Not if I'm not here."

"If you're not..? Taehyung, what?"

"I mean you definitely can't be here once he comes. And you have nowhere to go. And I can't be here. I can't- I don't want to be here," he rambled.

"We should run away!"

"What!?"

"Come on, Kookie, what else are we going to do?"

"But, like, where would we even go?"

"Hmm..." Taehyung appeared deep in thought.

"Oh I know!" he shouted and started bouncing up and down. "Remember those summers I went and spent a couple of months with my grandma in the woods?"

"Yeah, it was like the worst and most boring summer of my life. What about it?"

"Well after she died she left it to me. And, sure, no one visited it in... A long time. But chances are my parents won't even remember it. And they probably won't report me missing or anything. So police isn't a problem."

"Is it far?"

"Not that far. My grandma used to walk me to the store once a week. It's quite a trip for sure and she was very fit for her age but if she managed I'm sure we can too."

"True. And it's not like we have a better option. We should settle down first and then maybe finds some work after for food and necessities."

"We can definitely do it!"

"I'm gonna see how much money I have so we can buy food for now. We're probably gonna have to clean it up once we come too." Taehyung quickly grabbed his piggy bank from it's hiding place.

"Oh, wait, my brother gave me some money too," Jungkook said happily, but frowned in the end, "before they kicked me out..."

Not wanting Jungkook to be in sour mood Taehyung changed the topic back to cash. "Well, how much?"

"I'm not sure. Let me take a look." Jungkook took out the bills from his pocket. He threw them onto the couch. "Oh, wait, there's more." He fished out more bills and put them with the rest.

"Damn, Jungkook, that's a whole lot. How did your brother even have this much?" Taehyung questioned.

"I-I don't know."

"Well, I'm not complaining, this could keep us fed for months."

"I guess you should pack, then we can go buy some things. We should hurry up to get there before dark in case the electricity doesn't work."

"Let the adventure start!"