Part thirty six [before the sun fades]

You woke up to ringing coming from your phone on the other end of the room.

Groaning you lifted yourself up nearly falling back straight onto the ground ,your feet dragging you across the cold floor. It was about 9 in the morning ,the sun already painting the room in light golden rays that glistened across the polished wood of your furniture.

You grabbed the annoying device ready to turn it off but your heart jumped seeing what was dysplayed on the screen.

Quickly tapping the answear button you lifted the phone to your ear.

"Hero?" Maikos voice called out from the other end.

"Hey..." you replied groggily ,slowly rubbing your eyes.

"Are you at school?"

"Actully." You looked up at the clock hanging on the wall. "No. I'm not going today. Why do you want to know?"

"I'm not going to kindergarden today eighter ,i was wondering if you...want to hang out...i havent seen you in a long time...and mom is not here again." She said with hope and sadness.

"Uh..." you let your gaze move to one of the windows ,staring at clear blue sky ,a few small birds spinning in the air and across the light blue background ,their loud chirping caressing your ears. "You know what...i dont really have anything better do today...sure..." you breathed out with a small smile hearing the girl squeel with happiness.

"I will be waiting for you at the gate of the park!" She exclaimed before hanging up. You let out a deep sigh before standing up heavilly ,letting some strands of your hair shiled your eyes.

"I better get going..." you murmured before walking up to the old wooden wardrobe ,ready to pick out a more presentable outfit.

[...]

You stared up at the light blue sky ,letting the cold breeze carass your skin. A grey-ish green hoodie hugged your upper body ,with the end of it reaching about your middle thigh. Too lazy to wear jeanes you put on a simple pair of black sweatpants ,they went well with the also all black shoes and socks ,a dark brown scarf hanging loosley around your neck.

Your eyes and nose were still kind of red ,with the grey shadows under your optics and chapped lips there was really nothing else you could do than pull the hood more on your face and pray to god that people won't think youre some kind of abductor while hanging around Maiko.

"Hero!!" A high piched voice reached you from the side before a small body colided with yours ,a pair of arms tangling around your neck. "I knew it was you!" Maiko laughed cutley ,her frame dangling in the air as she kept a firm grip on your body.

"Ugh- yeah that's nice. C-could you please let go of me? Its kind of hard to stand like this-" you wheezed out ,struggling to keep yourself balanced.

Watanabe hopped down back onto the pavement ,she was wearing a long green dress with golden designs around her neck and a pair of polished black shoes ,her locks styled into two neat buns on each side of her head. The huge grin that was streached out across her face was showing off the females pearl white teeth as well as the few gaps inbetween them. "Oh i forgot i'm not sopposed to smile." The girl suddenly said ,covering her mouth.

"Huh? And why is that?" You asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mommy said i shoudnt smile after some of my milk teeth have fallen out...she said it looks ugly .." Watanabe answeared with a stoic expression.

A frown got its way onto your face "Dont listen to her Maiko." You placed a hand ontop of her head. "I think your smile is still just as beautifull as it was before." At those words the brunettes features lit up as she grabbed your face and placed a quick loving peck ontop of your foreahed ,having to stand up on her tippy toes despite you already bending down slightly. "Thank you hero! I will smile as much as i can!" She chirpped before grabbing your hand in hers and dragging you across the pavement.