Part twenty six [pathetic]

The metal walls of the train were squeaking slightly with the vehicles fast movement as passengers gripped onto metal bars or seats, their faces expressing boredom thinking about their mundane job or school.

It was about 9:00 in the morning which was way past the time you were supposed to show up to class, but on that day being early was not your priority. Simply going to school and showing them that you were in fact alive was in your opinion enough.

Non the less you put on your UA uniform, took your school bag that was filled with any necessary supplies before getting into a train as if that day was supposed to be like any other.

Shifting a little bit on the plastic seat your confused gaze darted around the vehicle as you squeezed your school belongings closer to your chest. Why were you so anxious? Any normal person would be after realizing that their already weird enough quirk was now showing them even more confusing things that weren't there before.

On any normal day, you would get out of your apartment and maybe see up to two creatures on your way to school.

Today you already saw about 10.

And the weirdness of this whole thing did not lay only in the numbers but also in the way the monsters looked like.

You saw your standard monsters who had maybe up to six limbs, their body's eighter reminding you that of a human or an animal.

Today though while walking through the peaceful town you saw a whole different type of white shapes, ones that struck fear but also an uncanny type of interest in your heart.

Glancing to your left you saw that the creature was still sitting beside you, not acknowledging your presence in the slightest. It was one of those who you saw today for the first time, its striking appearance making a lump of anxiety form in your throat. Its white nearly transparent body was thin and crooked, the creature's five limbs bent in different directions making small creaking and grinding noises every time the train made a harsher movement. The creatures face looked like someone ripped apart both of its cheeks making the monster's jaw dangle on a small piece of flesh and skin, despite that the white shape paid no attention to its injury as its putrid eyes that were practically pushed to the back of its skull were still planted firmly ahead.

The ride was nearing its end, some people who got out on the same station as you began to shuffled around or stand up. Seeing that you also got back on your feet with a little bit of hesitation in your movement seeing as the intimidating monster was just a few seats away from you.

You heard a loud crack as the creature bent its back forward and plopped on the ground as its limbs skilfully moved its body around on the floor in ways no human ever could. You watched with wide eyes as the white shape crawled towards the exit of the vehicle before the train came to a stop after the doors opened the monster immediately exited the train with other passengers who passed through the creature's body effortlessly, not noticing it in the slightest.

After you got out of the vehicle you started walking through the familiar city while trying to avoid any heroes who might be familiar with the case of your disappearance. You didn't want to create a fuss about it, all that was on your mind was just to get to UA and reassure your class that you were perfectly fine, well mostly fine. The wound in your stomach has been closed and was no longer hurting but instead, the place was numb and stiff making you worry about the state of your body.

'1,2..3..4' you counted the white shapes that were moving with a crowd of people across the street. This was something phenomenal to you, so many in one place.

After another few minutes of walking, you found yourself standing in front of the giant entrance to UA. There was not a student insight seeing as you came there in the middle of class, straightening your uniform you jogged towards the building with a small bit of uncertainty in your step.