Part twenty nine [old wounds]

The cold rain poured down onto the practically empty streets from the grey sky making any unfortunate human who stepped out of their house without an umbrella, curse under their breath as the wetness around them struck their body to the very core. There was not a lot of these people, the main reason for that not being the weather but rather the fact that that particular neighborhood was associated with a massive amount of villain activity making any sane humans never come close to even stepping their foot in that area.

On that street, the old abandoned houses were built so close to each other that they created a claustrophobic like atmosphere that loomed over any criminal who was brave enough to squeeze through the thin alleyways. One of those small passages led to a particularly unnerving building, an old warehouse, the creepy structure clumsily placed between two houses that towered over it.

There was practically nothing inside the warehouse, only a couple of big boxes standing in the corners completely empty, the smell of paint and plastic forever lingering in their run-down wood.
But what mattered was not what the passersby were able to see through the buildings cracked windows but rather what or more like who was residing below the structure. Yes, the said building had in fact a basement, the entrance to it sneakingly hidden at the very back of the giant empty room, embedded in the floor and coated in the same colored paint as the walls and ground.

The said tiny entry opened as a pair of petty criminals ran out of the opening, both of their minds clouded by the fear that has been sparked there by a person that was still present down below.

"This dude is absolutely crazy!" One of them whispers yelled to the other, his partner merely nodding and pulling a dark hood over her head as her pale fingers shook.

"Let's just get out of here." With that they were both gone, safety sneaking out of one of the windows and letting their figures be consumed by the dark of an alleyway.

The said basement was crammed with different objects leaving only a small amount of space to move around, a certain individual sitting on one of the old plastic boxes, not caring for the thick dust or spider webs that surrounded him and stuck to his clothing.

The male's body was slim but didn't lack muscle, a white tank top hugging his chest as if he was immune to the cold that spiked the air, the said clothing contrasting with the old black pants that were covered in mud-colored stains. A stone hard expression was what was present on his face, a one filled with bubbling anger that grumbled deep in his mind like thunder.

After a few solid minutes of sitting alone, the person finally stood up, his dark emotions ravaging the inside of his body that at that moment felt more like a vessel whose only purpose was to contain his hatred.

"That little shit…." The villain hissed under his breath, rapidly walking around the crammed area his hands shaking at his sides.

"Taking everything away from me…and those absolute idiots.." he looked back at the stairs that led to the exit where the two individuals used to stand. "They don't understand…"

"I worked so hard for everything that I had, I was getting stronger and stronger…and yet…" an image of a particular face crosses his mind for a second and yet it was enough to make him howl in rage before turning around and punching one of the old boxes making the fragile wood fly through the air before scattering across the ground.

"THAT BASTARD!!!" He yelled before gripping his head, feeling as if the aggravation that was bubbling in his mind has begun to melt his brain. "When I find them… I'm going to rip them apart bit by bit…" he groaned under his breath before taking a part of the container and squeezing it in his palm, the old wood not lasting even a second before falling apart under his grip. "Everything that I worked for…my friends...and him…gone because of one petty brat…a fucking scumbag…"

He lifted his head and scanned the things around him with his sharp gaze as the air around his body seemed to waver, he slowly let go of the empty box before walking across the cramped room. The male stopped in front of a giant mirror that was carelessly shoved into one of the corners, its surface covered with a thick layer of grey dust. With one clean move of his arm, the man swept the dirt away as his reflection appeared before him. The mirror had a giant crack in the middle but the criminal did not care one bit, at that moment all that mattered to him was the person standing right before him.

That agony, that hatred, that fury. Those emotions performed their chaotic dance deep in his eyes like little flames that knew they were about to cause a massive fire.

His expression went from the stone-cold into that of a snarling wild animal as the male's dark putrid exercises were enveloped in bright blue rings.

"I'm going to find that brat…"

"…and rip their skull open"

Sorry for making this so short! I just really didn't want to shove that scene into another chapter since there will be a lot of things happening in the next one (that's why it will take me some more time to write it and for that, I apologize in advance)

I decided to work some more on the drawing for this part, man it took me a hella long time I think I spend like 3 hours in just one day. My hand hurt like hell after that.

Anyway hope you enjoyed it and if there is anything you would like to ask me then go right ahead!