Part thirty one [human suffering]

His lips curled into a soft smile almost like a flower, blooming across his features and spreading out its soft petals making his eyes crinkle slightly.

Oh, his eyes.

The deep shade of blue shimmering like two polished rocks across his iris's as if a piece of the ocean was forever stuck in them.

Despite how utterly beautiful the male looked on the background of the distant dark city you couldn't help but notice how much skinnier he was compared to the last time you saw him. His shoulders were slumped forward, legs no longer as masculine as you remembered and his cheeks have already begun sulking into his face, casting a dark shadow across his skin.

He looked so tired.

As you stared at the male the reality of the situation has begun setting in once more. He was already behind the railing. Few centimeters away from death.

"Eito yo-"

"It's like something from a movie isn't?" The male said, his voice was quiet and gentle, like the sound of a hand running across a piece of wood.

"H-Huh…?" You looked at him with widened eyes.

"I was expecting to be caught by someone…but you? The person who suffered because of me... it's like something straight out of a book.." he chuckled lightly a pained expression mixing itself with the closed-eyed smile present on his face.

That grin soon fell as his gaze dropped to the ground, the grief and agony that strained the male's heart and soul were too heavy and too painful to handle especially at that fragile state.

"A hero finding a villain…" Eito breathed out shortly as if something was squeezing and ripping apart his lungs.

"Please.. step away from the edge…" you pleaded "I really don't want you to fall."

This seemed to catch the male's attention as he looked at you once more with his eyes slightly widened.

"Why don't you want me to fall?"

"B-Because you did nothing wrong, you were just confused and manipulated-"

"THIRTY PEOPLE!!!" Eito yelled making you flinch in your spot with a horrified expression. "Thirty people… I killed them…with my bare hands…" he raised his shaking palms, staring down at them with an empty expression.

"It doesn't matter if I was manipulated… I had a choice." he squeezed his hands into tight fists making his nails dig into the skin of his palm drawing small drops of blood. "Hah… I still remember how life left their bodies…how their eyes suddenly became so…glossy and empty…" He dropped his hands to the sides, now staring down at the running river. "I was…seeking revenge for everything that people did to me as a kid…all that bullying, I joined the because of it… I thought that I was right…that they deserved to suffer.."

The male looked back towards you, his blue eyes piercing your heart and mind like a rusty needle "I was and idiot…blinded by hatred…" he shakingly sucked in air through his teeth.

"I-'m a murderer…" his eyes were glossed over with tears as if the water that floated inside those two blue pools has now begun spilling.

"But you know h-how I feel…don't you? You know how it is…taking somebody's life away…and then wishing you could g-give it back…"

The feeling of doom washed over you like freezing water as your skin paled and eyes widened in terror.  He knew.

"I-I am…" your bottom lip trembled as you spoke before you clasped your hands together as they began shaking violently.