Part six [cold]

Doing exercises was quite a challenging thing for you to say the least. You winced while rubbing your sore stomach and arms after an intense workout. You got up from the floor your sticky with sweat clothes almost glued to the carpet.

"Aaaah...this is a mess I hate working out.." you hissed before storming out of your main room and into the small hall to get a glass of water. Being promoted into the hero department made you a lot more motivated, well maybe it was the insecurity of being around a bunch of buff teenagers while looking rather flimsy yourself. Eighter way the feeling sent a powerful message. If you wanted to be serious about the whole hero thing you needed to stop being the embodiment of an overcooked noodle. Get yourself some of that muscle.

What made you stop in your tracks to the sink was a monster that was currently standing near the counter in the kitchen. You couldn't see its face, his figure was so tall it was going through the ceiling. Your body was frozen and your mind blanks as you stared at it with wide eyes, not sure what to do. You gulped and tiptoed towards the sink, the monster didn't move an inch as you prayed that his eyes won't reach you. It was right behind you once you grabbed an empty glass ready to pour the liquid in.

'Agh did the sink in the bathroom had to break just today?!'

You felt a shiver run up and down your spine and you slowly turned your head around only for the monster's giant empty eyes to be looking straight into yours. His eye rises reminded you of marble balls although instead of reflecting light, they seemed to be sucking it in.

His spine looked like it was snapped in half as he bent down. He just stared like the rest of the creatures you encountered.

"H-hi…" a ragged breath came out of your mouth as you fully turned around, your back pressed against the furniture behind you. The monster twisted its head before extending his hand and finger making you wince, your heart pounding in your rib cage. To your surprise, he lowered his palm down and      

…. touched the glass

Your eyes turned into spheres as the creature's fingers grazed over the cup. You noticed that his fingertips were a light blue color, which was a really obscure detail your brain caught in such a state of overwhelming panic.

"H-how can you…" You looked back into those lifeless eyes before the creature's pointy fingertips started nearing towards your face, the blood in your veins becoming as cold as the air around you. You shut your eyes closed, waiting for the impact but to your surprise, the fingers of the monster retracted from your face.

Your eyes furrowed in confusion before the monster grabbed the cup and slowly with shaky limbs filled it with water. He almost spilled it before his arms stretched back towards you trying to give you the cup. You gulped and took the glass taking a swing of the cold liquid, having a hard time swallowing, your throat clenched in fear. The creature seemed to be pleased, his face stretched a little in what looked like a smile.

Disbelief was written all over your face. You started slowly moving towards the entrance before you turned around and ran for it, the glass dropping to the floor with a loud crash. Your heart pounded harshly in your ears as you sprinted to your room and slammed the door.

You pressed yourself against the wall, thoughts racing in your mind 'WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!! How did it manage to touch me!! That's impossible they are not able to touch things! That's impossible! Impossible!!' You hyperventilated, sweat now pouring out of your skin and onto the floor.

You quickly sprinted across the room and snuck underneath the old bedsheets despite knowing that they couldn't protect you from anything.

You didn't know how long you laid in bed, just waiting for any sign of life outside your doors but once you stuck your head out of the blanket to get some fresh air it was already dark outside. The full moon shone brightly, the gentle light outlining the furniture in your room making the shadows stretched and uneven.