Part twenty seven [sweet]

You look around the dim-lit room with a critical eye, despite that everything was perfectly in place you couldn't help but feel like you could have done a better job at designing the place. After all, it's not every day you get to set up your own dorm room, especially at such a cool facility like that one.

No matter how hard you tried to bring in some more color and interesting furniture the place just ended up looking almost the same as the room in your apartment did. The same cracked mirror, old shelves filled with boxes that contained nothing but useless junk, a wooden wardrobe with squeaking doors, the plastic desk, and the small bed that you used for so long the mattress had a dent in it that your body fits perfectly into.

Pearl and Vanilla, of course, came with you into the facility, now though they were nowhere to be found most likely curiosity got the best of them and both of the creatures wandered off somewhere deep into the building.

Stretching your back you plopped onto the soft bed as it squeaked under your body, a comfortable silence filled the inside of the facility which was surprising considering that the only people living in it were rowdy teens.

'I wonder what they're doing…' your thoughts wandered off to your classmates and their rooms, it was truly interesting to see the designs they came up with and how it reflected their personality.

'If your room represents your mind…than what does mine say about me?' You furrowed your eyebrows and looked around 'I guess I don't really care about the design of things that I use…come to think of it my hero costume is also rather lacking, my quirk is basic as well…welp at least one of them.' crossing your arms you pursed your bottom lip. 'It seems like the only thing that doesn't fit me is my second power, kind of like finishing a puzzle with one extra piece from a completely different set.'

'Where did that quirk even come from? From what I remember mother had a skin hardening power and father…" you stared down blankly at your bare feet. 'What power did he have? Come to think of it I don't remember the guy at all, he disappeared when I was just a child and they never found him…'

For some reason parents was always a subject that was pushed to the back of your mind, the only person which you had some sort of connection to was your mother. The woman was always acting cold and distant, more focused on her job than actually taking care of you.

‘Come to think of it I didn't visit her even once since I moved out to live alone...well it's not like she would like that anyway…’ For some reason the sheer lack of family in your life has never bothered you that much, which was weird considering that you never had many friends either. I guess it was just easier for you to be on your own.

‘On my own…’ you plopped your back onto the soft bed and looked up at the ceiling, your arms spreading across the covers.

Soon your body relaxed completely making your eyelids shut close as you exhaled loudly. That peaceful moment didn't last long though as you heard voices outside your room, the
cheerful chatter getting louder and louder until you heard someone knocking on your doors.

‘And who might that be?’ You stood up lazily from your comfortable position and dragged your feet across the floor towards the doorway. Gripping the handle you opened the entry as
the bright light from the hallway spilled into your dark room slightly stinging your eyes.

“Hey, how you doing!” Kirishima exclaimed with a big grin on his face, it was quite weird seeing him without his uniform, the boy's masculinity figure hugged by a casual red t-shirt and shorts.

Before you got a chance to reply another two people came into view.

“We came to check out your room.” Aoyama leaned on Eijiro’s shoulder before striking a dramatic pose, the male was glowing practically brighter than the lamps above him.