Part thirty four [the monster]

Warning
This chapter contains scenes of animal abuse.

An animal that had no choice but to give in to its instincts.

Like a piece of mold that has been shaped over time into the monster that it became.

An old wooden house placed at the outskirts of a city near a forest.

The building was occupied by a hunter , a tall scruffy man with short curly hair. Despite the male's rather muscular physique, his posture was usually hunched over, a lit cigarette placed loosely between his lips as he exhaled small puffs of smoke through his nose, staring in the distance with his dark eyes.

He slowly turned his gaze to the side, staring down at a dog that was chained to a metal bar near a small hut that the hunter built for the animal. The dog was a mixed breed, with mostly short white fur that had stains of ashy yellow near its paws, ears, and nose.

The male couldn't say he was especially attached to the animal, he got it a few months ago thinking it would let him forget his worries.

But in doing so he forgot that what he was bringing home was in fact alive.

The man was divorced, with his ex-wife taking away his daughter leaving him a shell of a person he once used to be. Overtaken with rage the male's hate-filled gazes and words were usually directed towards the poor animal making it slowly lose trust towards its owner.

The animal was curled into a ball, the chain stretched out to its maximum as the dog did not want to be anywhere near the dark-eyed male, whose optics held a cold stale gaze. The pet let out a small whine and brought its tail closer to its body as the man next to him slowly stood up from his position before throwing the cigarette on the ground and squishing it with his foot.

He came closer to the dog, blocking the sun with his tall figure as the animal looked up at him with its two light brown eyes.

"The fuck are you looking at." The men breathed out making the pet tug at the restrains trying to get further away from its owner. When the male got angry he would usually go outside and use his hunting gear on random objects like bottles, empty cans, and boxes which scared the dog immensely. The man, well he did not care what frightened his pet, it more just annoyed him, hearing the animal whimper and curl its body with every loud shot that pierced the air.

"Fucking weakling, you're a grown-ass dog, not a puppy." He growled before turning on his heel and walking away towards the house as it already began to grow dark.

The days passed like this, with the hunter getting more and more irritated, making the dog no longer just curl on the ground but flat out stand up into a defensive position, baring its teeth at the man with fear dancing in its light brown optics.

It came to a point where there was no way the man could even pet the dog as it immediately started barking and trying to bite his fingers. Not that there was any instance in which he actually wanted to befriend the animal.

One day the hunter got a call from his ex-wife, she said she would be coming over with his daughter since the child really wanted to see him. This information greatly excited the man, shaving and putting on one of his fancier outfits he made sure to look presentable for the both of them. He wanted to show them that he's not the man he used to be.

And so the day came, as the tiny girl with long black curly hair and a radiant face enveloped her tiny arms around the male's neck and hugged him tightly. She was truly the epitome of innocence, no matter how aggressive her father acted she was always the one that saw the good in him. The woman next to them looked down at her ex-husband with a stoic unsure face, she didn't want to bring her child here, having serious doubts about the man's "change of ways".

The two adults soon began talking between each other, standing in front of the small wooden house as the inside of it was not the most comforting or inviting place.

The tiny girl soon got bored of playing around in the small field near the tiny building and proceeded to explore more of the area. Her tiny black eyes shone with excitement as she looked at the dog that was sitting a few feet away from her. This was something truly amazing for her, the girl's mother not allowing her to have any pets despite how much the kid pleaded to get one.

Curiosity got the best of the small girl and soon she began walking up to the animal as it stared back at her.

Her heart was nothing like her father's, and yet those two black pools inside her iris's looked so much like his the dog instantly panicked as she began walking its way.

A high-pitched cry pierced the air as the dog bit down onto the kid's extended hand, its sharp teeth digging into the tender skin of her palm to the point of bleeding. That loud sound that came out of the child's throat only made the dog panic even further as it tugged onto her arm not knowing what to do meanwhile she wept and yelled for help.

The two adults soon arrived at the scene with the father immediately kicking the dog away from his daughter as the animal fell backward with a high-pitched cry.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU DUMB DOG!?" he yelled out in frustration before sending a kick in the dog's stomach, repeating the action a couple of times as it wheezed and trembled with the harsh impact.

"No stop!" His daughter yelled weakly in her mother's arms the woman looking at the scene with the same terrified gaze.

The man soon stopped the beating, turning around towards his family his eyes widened seeing his ex-wife moving away from him, her posture clearly showing fear. "H-Hey come on...I just have the dog what it deserved..." he breathed out but she did not listen, grabbing her daughter's not injured hand she speed-walked away from him towards her small car.

His heart shattered seeing the woman get into the vehicle before driving away from the scene. The tiny girl's cries of pain started fading away as the car got further and further from him until they stopped completely, an eirry deep silence that he so much hated falling again around him.

That emptiness was soon filled to the brim with rage as his teeth clenched harshly against each other, he spun on his heel and marched towards the limp animal, hearing its soft wheezes.

"YOU DUMB ANIMAL!!" he yelled in pure rage sending kick after kick towards the pet making its body harshly dig itself into the wooden wall of the house.

The man lost his only chance at redeeming himself, the painful feeling of loss tugging at his heartstrings and setting them on fire as he took out all his darkest emotions on the poor animal as if it was a punching bag.

With one swift move, he took the chains that were tangled around the animal's neck before setting his foot on its body. Taking in a large ragged breath he pulled on the restrains as harshly as he possibly could, cutting off the creatures breathing as it trashed around on the ground.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING-" He hissed through gritted teeth, rage and agony completely blinding his senses.

With its mouth hanging open the dog desperately tried to take in another breath but to no avail.

Complete darkness soon blindes the pet's vision as its owner's shout faded away into nothingness.

The dog was free.

No longer feeling the painful shackles it ran far away from the man's tiny house on its short six legs.

It did not understand what it was or where it came from, the cruel and dark memories of the dark-eyed male melting away leaving only the suffocating feelings of dread.

A lost soul unable to know peace.

The creature looked up at the sky that reflected itself off of its neon yellow eyes so delicately

And who was the monster wonder?

I stayed up late polishing this even tho I have classes at 7:10 tomorrow morning.

I sometimes wonder if I'm dumb or just dumb like this ain't even good xd