the brunette nodded understandably, she was close enough to place her hand on his broad shoulder, "it's okay, we-we'll figure this out. i know that, there's nothing our group can't handle." she assured her husband. shane turned his head to look at his wife, she could feel his warm breath on her soft lips. she flickered her  eyes away, before back to his brown eyes, "lola ain't gon' be back any soon, she's with carl and carol pickin' crops."

right now, nikki had no huge reasons to act indifferent towards her husband, and she was silently praying that wasn't going to change. but for the time being, he was still her husband, and she was his.

shane chuckled lightly before eagerly grabbing her by the waist, and pulling her closer. their lips collided instantly, and the man didn't hesitate to slide his tongue in her mouth. his kisses were desperate, and rough, and that's how it always was between them when it got sexual.

shane found no problem with it, but nikki on the other hand, was open to something different, like a gentler approach. she just wished he knew that, and didn't wanna have to ask for it.

-

today continued to be a beautiful, yet beaming hot day. nikki and most of the group sat out on the front porch of hershel's home, socializing with many there were. patricia and beth were showing carl and lola some sort of board game on the outside table, and she was engaged in a conversation talking with her sister, karleen.

while talking did help, she and the others hadn't heard from rick, shane, or hershel in hours, and was beginning to be worried about all the bad possibilities that could've occurred.

nikki picked up the sound of creaking stairs behind her, and when turned to look it happened to be glenn, standing up from the steps he was sitting on, and began heading towards the front. the mother had been so into talking with her sister, she hadn't noticed the two figures approaching the house, andrea and t-dog.

"do you know what's goin' on?"

"where is everyone?"

she stood up from the wooden steps, and made her way towards them. "you haven't seen rick?" glenn questions as nikki came up beside him.

"he went off with hershel, we were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." andrea answered plainly, seeming just as confused as the rest of us.

"yeah, you were. what the hell?" daryl and carol came up on her left suddenly, their eyes squinted from the bright sun. "rick told us he was goin' out."

there was a slight pause of silence as everyone took in the unexpected news. it didn't make sense, why would rick lie? and were shane and hershel with his as well? "damn it! is anyone takin' this seriously?" daryl curses in anger, a mean scowl of annoyance on his face.

when daryl whirls around he points, "oh, here we go."

nicki looked up, and saw it was shane with a familiar bag of guns slumped on his shoulder, along with what looked like a big rifle gun in his hand.

when shane got closer daryl took a step towards him, "what's all this?"

shane ignored his question and handed him a rifle, "you with me man?" he handed it to daryl, and without hesitation, the redneck took it. "time to grow up." he began to hand guns while everyone started asking questions. when he got to nikki he got closer, "you got yours?"