Chapter Twenty Two

John had returned from his buisness trip which made my life went back to it's pure living hell, the only good thing about him being back was i was able to sleep almost completely without his nightly visits. Just without Noah, i had got too used to sleeping without him and it was quite difficult.

Lacey and I haven't had time to talk or interact at all since John came back, neitherless to say although she doesnt know what's happening to me she still understands and gives me space.Which i apprciate. As for me and Noah, things are going smoothly, we would argue here and there but nothing beats me being impatient to hear him bring up what i had said to him in the bathroom of the party we both went too a week back. Lilith started attending school again and she even tried talking to me but I'm just not ready yet, i don't know when I'll ever be ready. It's all still hard to process.

Shockingly i ran into Brandon the other day at school and he forgave me and Noah for what had happened at the party, i made Noah apologise, i tried to get him to hug him but he poked the fingers and walked away, i was expecting it in all honesty. Aslong as he apologised at least. Since then me and Brandon have become really close, it's nice to have someone as a friend who doesn't judge me for the rumours and my past. Noah still isn't very fond of him. I guess i just don't click with girls well especially now since I'm dating Noah, But no regrets.

***
It's a school night and Lacey nor John aren't home, I'd invite Noah over but it's too risky and besides this gives me time to actually get things done like studying and my homework. It feels good to be alone like i used to be before, except it's different most probaly due to the fact i know i have Noah by my side now. And I've become happier.

I place my headphones in my ears while writing up an essay for my english class, it's about wether or not i believe in love at first sight. I guess i could refer it too Williams Shakespeare's classic tragic love story 'Romeo & Juliet' as it basically screams 'love at first sight' but personally i believe it was lust, needless to say ny opinion doesn't matter. The thing about this assignment is i have to recite my essay in front of my english class, which is frightening and embarrassing due to nearly Noah and his friends are in that class and i really don't feel like talking about love. Especially in front of Noah, not since i basically confessed my love for him and he had yet to mention it or say something about it. I don't entirley need him to say it back but some sort of answer would be very much appreciated, I'm needy and i over think too much so it kind of is a big deal to me.

Time had flew by without me even noticing, i glance over at my alarm clock and sigh as it's time for dinner except no one is yet to be home so maybe i won't have to suffer yet another awkward and intense dinner. A knock at my door startles me and distracts me from my thoughts. I get up of my chair and open my door, I'm surprised to be greeted by a fragile and upset Lacey. Oh god.

"Lacey? Are you okay?" I grab her arms pulling her in towards me, i hig her gently while rubbing her back using my hand.

"I'm sorry hun" she pats under her eyes using her light blue handkerchief.

"I just came to tell you that I'll be staying at a hotel for tonight, me and John need some space right now" she sobs into my arms.

"I'm sorry Lacey, is their anything i can do to help?" I offer, i already know the answer but asking seemed kind and genuine. She shakes her head lightly. My heart sinks as my head starts to spiral, did he hurt her?. That thought alone is sould crushing.

"I'll be back within days okay, sometimes couples just need breaks and i hate fighting with your step father so i think if i give him space he will calm down"