chapter twelve // distractions.

Start from the beginning

I'm Harry Styles. Girls don't mess with my mind, it's the other way around.

"Weird," I snort, trying my best to be convinced.

"Who's Ta-" Louis tries to keep the conversation, but my anger gets the best of me - as it often does.

"Nobody," I snap, sitting up and rolling out of bed.

Louis watches me carefully as I rummage around my messy closet for clean clothes. He doesn't speak a word and I nearly don't hear him as he exits my bedroom.

Without Louis' watchful eye, I pick up my phone and plop back down on my bed. I read an unread message I was too lazy to read before.

Olivia Watson: Good morning<3

I read the words over and over again before throwing my phone on my bed, my stubbornness not allowing me to respond despite my strong urge to reply.

* * * *

"Harry!" Simon snaps, nearly sending me a foot in the air. I direct my attention back to the long table full of familiar faces. Tyler's giving me an extremely annoyed face from across the table, "Are you with us?" Simon asks, his voice full of authority.

"Yes, sorry," I mutter, sitting up straight again.

Louis glances at me with the same worried expression he's wore on his face since this morning. The other boys don't seem too worried. I do my best to make it look as if I was paying attention.

"As I was saying, we need to have a few more singles ready to release before the CD drops, so I want you guys in the studio the rest of the week." Simon tells us his voice so full of power with no room for argument.

The guys all sneak a glance at each other. We know what that means... We'll literally be in the studio all week, not being able to even talk to anyone else. Studio weeks are always extremely stressful. But the fact that we'll be releasing a single soon brings me a bit of excitement to my damper mood.

"Harry wrote a new song, actually, with the help of Niall," Tyler speaks up, scribbling something on his clipboard. Everyone brings their attention to me. Simon raises his eyebrows - He must have noticed my writing funk. I haven't contributed anything as of lately.

He nods and jots something down on his clipboard as well. Niall flashes me a happy smile and a thumbs up. My mood still extremely soggy, I send him back a wimpy half-smile.

"Speaking of Harry, let's move on to our next topic of discussion," Simon transitions, causing my palms to start to get sweaty. Uh-oh... What have I done to anger Simon now? My mind races with endless of possibilities that he'd be upset. "In the last 24 hours we've been bombarded with questions regarding a Miss Olivia Watson," Simon reads the name off of his clipboard.

My heart flutters slightly just with the mention of her name. My attention has peaked a new high.

"Are you or aren't you two dating?" He bluntly asks.

The other lads all smile at me, obviously recalling last night as well. A small faint smile appears at the edge of my lips, as much as I try to fight it.

"We are," I nod, proudly.

Surprise appears on nearly everyone in management's face - even Tyler. I don't think he was expecting me to take 'Operation Inspiration' this far. I see a skeptic look appear on his face - nearly identical to the one that Liam wears.

"And is this relationship to be public or private?" Simon questions me.

"Doesn't matter to me," I shrug, as if it were no deal to me. I mean, it is no deal to me...