"UPSET" Gust X Reader

Your Pov~

You were inside spending your time with Ginger. Since she couldn't go out during the day, you mostly spent your free time with her. Ever since you moved into Portia, Ginger was the first person you ever became friends with. After a while of you spending your time in Portia with Ginger, her brother started to slowly fall for you. Even though he didn't show it, he was just in love with you. Now the two of you were now boyfriend and girlfriend.

"That's how you make a necklace!" Ginger exclaimed putting down her finished sapphire necklace on the table. "I finished..but my necklace could never be perfect as yours." you replied setting down the small trinket on the table. "Oh, don't be so silly (name), yours looks wonderful!" Ginger said clasping her hands together.

As you and Ginger finished making a few more trinkets, Gust walked in. He was surprised to see you spend your valuable time with his sister, but it didn't bother him. He was glad his sister had time to spend with someone. You didn't even notice Gust walk in as you finish making the necklace. You handed it to Ginger as she admired your trinket making skills.

Ginger began to giggle as Gust stand right behind you. You still didn't notice. "What's so funny Ginger?" you asked tilting your head in confusion. She busted out laughing as Gust grabbed your shoulders making you yell and fall on the floor. "Gust! You scared me!" you said laying on the floor covering your face as Ginger and Gust giggled. "(Name) you should've seen the look on your face!" Ginger giggled.

Gust picked you up bridal style as he sat down with you on his lap. You blushed and pouted as Gust chuckled and patted your head. "That wasn't funny Gust." you pouted as Ginger got up to use the bathroom. "Well, I say it was revenge, since you didn't even sense my presence." Gust stated simply. "Sorry.." you said as Gust hugged you making you giggle.

"Well anyway, I gotta go fetch some items for Ginger." you said as you got off Gust's lap. "Alright then." smiled Gust as you kissed him and left.

Gust Pov~

As (name) left, Ginger had came out from the bathroom. "Gust! Me and (name) baked a cake today. Wanna try some?" Ginger asked sitting down on the sofa. "Ginger, I need to tell you something." Gust said trying to be serious. Ginger could tell he was excited about something. "What is it big bro?" Ginger asked organizing all of her necklace. "Some builders in Altara had given me a chance to come over and plan out a building structure for them!" Gust said breathlessly. "And to think about them giving me a chance to open my very own business there and everything! They are even letting me live and work with one of the most famous builders in the free cities!" Gust continued. "That's great news! This was your dream Gust!" Ginger exclaimed as Gust continued on talking about moving and working as a business man there.

Little did he knew, you were outside listening to the conversation the whole time. Gust also mentioned how he didn't have to worry about Ginger since you were gonna take care of her. Your heart shattered. You thought you and Gust were finally happy together, but no, you were wrong. Gust said he had a whole year to plan out everything with the other builders as soon as he sent back a answer. You began to cry as soon as you heard him say that one of the builders was a beautiful dependable girl who was going to be his partner. You dropped all of the items for Ginger and took off. Your head was down the whole time, as you suddenly bumped into someone. You were about to fall backwards as the person had just caught you in time. "Eek! Im so sorry I didn't mean to.." you looked up to see Arlo. Your best friend. "Woah there." Arlo said as he brought you to tour feet. Just as you got up, you hugged him tight and began to cry, burrying your face into his jacket. Arlo was surprised and confused as he gently patted your head, and rubbed your back trying to comfort you.

By the time you had finished crying, Arlo's jacket was soaked with tears. "Do you need to cry more?" Arlo asked trying to lighten the mood, as you giggled softly and hugged him. "No." you replied. "Well now my clothes are soaked." Arlo said taking off his jacket tying it around his waist. He was wearing a white t-shirt that showed off a bit of his abs. "Now care to tell me what's wrong?" Arlo asked. "Can we go somewhere more private? I don't really like the idea of my face being swollen in public." you said as Arlo nodded. You both made your way up to the civil corps HQ. As you opened the door, you could see Sam and Remington playing a game of rock, paper, scissors. Remington had lost as Sam smacked his against the head with the portia times news papers. "Ow!" Remington yelped. Sam noticed you walk in with your puffy face and tear stained cheeks. "(Name)! What happened?! Did Arlo do this?!" she said hugging you while half yelling talking.

Arlo rolled his eyes in annoyances as Sam glared at him. "Sam, im fine." you replied sniffling a little. "Clearly your not." Remington said. You began to sniff a little and then bursted out into tears. Arlo hugged you while the trio and builder sat down listening to your story. "That little.." Arlo hissed as you finished your story. "Wait till i get my hands on him-" Arlo said getting up. You grabbed his arm making him sit back down. Remington rubbed his temples scowling as well. Remington was a reasonable man, he wouldn't do anything rash with out a reason of course. Sam was cursing under her breath as she clenched her fists. Suddenly Mint opened the main door to the civil corps. "Hey guys-" Mint began untill he saw you crying. "(Name)! What happen?" Mint asked rushing over to you. You explained everything to Mint as he sighed loudly. "Gust has been excited these past few days about the job and everything... Only he planned everything out with you not tagging along." Mint sighed scratching the back of his neck. Sam was furious at the point. "How could he be so selfish?" she scowled making Mint flinch.

"Sam, calm down. Just because (name) is sad, doesn't mean you should just take actions right away." Remington reasoned. "Remi, (name) is our best friend. Of course i don't do things without reason. But that's selfish of Gust to think that he could just use (name) like that!" Sam argued. Everyone started to argue now. Arlo cleared his throat making everyone go silent. "The man must have his reasons, he was just probably over excited." Arlo said. Everyone sighed. "Look, we are all tired lets just go home and get some rest. The best thing right now is probably is just to ignore." Mint said. Everyone agreed and started to leave. Arlo walked you home since it was late at night. You hugged him goodbye as Arlo began to leave. Before you went inside your home, you went and checked your mail box to see a package. You grabbed the box and headed inside. You quietly opened the box to reveal a maroon box with a black bow attached to it. Then a letter fell onto the ground. You picked it up and read it.

"Dear my precious darling,
I am terribly sorry for what has happened today. I did not mean to be so selfish and ignorant about everything. I understood my actions and understand that i can not always depend on you to look after Ginger. After all, you are with her everyday. I understand that you will not accept me after all this chaos, and i understand that you will not be able to forgive me. But please think about it before answering."
~Love, Gust.

You opened the box to reveal a beautiful wedding ring with a sapphire engraved into it. You held your breath as you heard a knock on the door. You held the box as you opened the door to reveal a panting Gust. "Im so sorry my love i was being-" you stopped him by kissing his lips. He was surprised by your action, but eventually kissed back. You smiled as you let go of the kiss. Tears began to form in your eyes. Gust took the box from you, and went down on one knee. You covered your mouth with one hand trying to cover the whimpers coming out as Gust asked; "will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" he asked. "Y-yes." you said sniffling as Gust slides the ring onto your finger. He then picked you up kissing you softly.

The end.