Chapter 12: can you hear me

You ran through the red dust of pandora. It was hot and nothing like Hyperion. You didn't mind though. You were a 16 with a hatred for their home. According to you parents, one day you'd be Hyperion's best coder. You on the other hand didn't want that as your life. Yet here you are taking classes for it.

It had been weeks of this class and everyone in it except you seemed to love it. They worshipped the ground the professor walked on.

You slowly felt yourself growing to hate this company. Everyday you thought about how your parents praised a company.

If you ever did something good it was all thanks to Hyperion. Straight a's? Woah thanks Hyperion!

Slowly your attitude starting showing. You were scolded for it for months until one night.

You walked in the kitchen and reached into the fridge. You pulled out a pitcher of water and poured it into a cup. You then put it up and went to take a drink.

You heard a loud whir and felt a sharp pain. It felt like someone was cutting your back repeatedly.

You shouted and dropped your glass. It shattered loudly. You felt thick warm liquid run down your back. You tried to stumble away but a hand wrapped itself  in your hair tugging you back.

"You ungrateful bitch!" You heard your mothers snarl in your ear and you fell forward as she finally let go.

You stumbled up to your feet turning around to only see black.

"H-hello?" You yelled. There was no response just a faint glow.

It was almost if that glow was a sirens song. You ran towards it as fast as you could. It became brighter and brighter until a man stood in front of you, his back facing to you.

You grabbed the mans shoulder. He spun around looking straight at you. Jack. Except this jack had a huge scar across his face.

You went to touch the scar but suddenly he started falling apart into holographic pieces.

You panicked and let out a scream. "JACK!" 

Then he was gone and it was dark again. You trembled before falling to you knees. 

A thick copper stench filled the air. You back felt warm and sticky. There was an overwhelming pain that made you collapse onto the floor.

"Don't close your eyes!" The yell echoed around you. You tried desperately to keep them open but slowly they slipped shut and-

You bolted up eyes opening widely to a bright light. You felt a raging pain in your side.

You saw him immediately a pissed off tired looking jack. He was leaning over an echo typing furiously.

"Hey don't be mad but I closed my eyes" you said out loud causing the males eyes to bolt up and lock onto you.

Jack practically jumped out of the chair he was in and moved to your side.

"You asshole! Lay back down just because it's healed doesn't mean it won't still hurt!" Jack shouted trying to sound angry.

You could just look at him and realize he wasn't that upset. 

"How long have I been out?" You ask leaning back like commanded.

He sighed and leaned against your bed. "I'd say about two days....you seriously know how to stress people out" jack grumbled

"Aw was someone worried?" You cooed with a small pained laugh.

Jack turned his head to you so quick you swore he got whiplash. "Duh you idiot! Otherwise I would've let you die!"

You stopped grinning and met his frustrated face. "Like a friend way?" You muttered quietly.

"Yes! Or no or uh Well maybe. Ugh  I don't know I just know I care in a way"

"You care in...a way?" You asked raising an eyebrow.

Jack let out a frustrated sigh before running his hands through his already messy hair.

You couldn't help but smile and snicker quietly. Soon you were full on laughing.

"What's so funny princess?" Jack sighed looking at you with a cocked eyebrow and a hand in his hair.

Your face flushed as your laughing calmed. "I care about you in a way too" You told him smiling.

He groaned. "Look I'll just show you what way I care about you." Jack told you aggressively.

Before you could say or do anything you felt cold lips pressed against yours.

Holy shit.