Chapter 8: what if its us

You looked up at the dark ceiling. A sigh escaped your lips. "I could kill him for you..." jack said looking away. You couldn't help but laugh.

"Nah I've killed enough people in life...but if you insist enough I might give in" you smirked.

You two sat in silence before you leaned back and groaned. "My face and ribs hurt"

"I mean yeah but imagine that guy, you hit him in the face with the butt of your gun." Jack said leaning back and grinning. "Also I kinda shot him so that might hurt too"

You started giggling and it slowly turned into heavy laughter. Soon jack was laughing with you just over nothing. "God I'm on a spaceship with a dead guy and the worlds biggest dick' you mumbled in between laughs.

"Look who's talking bitch" Jack retorted through his own laughter.

You yawned leaning back. You couldn't stop smiling. This guy was a prick but god he was so much fun to be around. For once it felt like someone understood.

"Jack who were you?" You asked quietly finally calming down.

"What do you mean?" He asked sensing the change in mood.

"When we first met you were surprised I didn't know who you are...why?" You questioned

"Oh....well other than the fact I was a mass murderer who killed for fun....I was the head of Hyperion...for years." He told you.

Your breath hitched. You knew who he was now,

an absolute annoying prick. Multiple people paid you to kill him. You almost killed him once....once. You almost shot him in the head. Then he saw you. You ran after that.

"You alright there princess kinda spacing out" Jack said snapping his holographic fingers in front of you.

You paled. "Jack....I uh-" "tried to kill me I know I recognized you immediately trust me. A lot of people try to kill me...not many get close" he said cutting you off.

You flushed and looked away. "They payed me a lot....a hell of a lot." You mumbled awkwardly.

"They?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well him...uh mordocai or something. He took me out for drinks after. Still paid me and said it was fine I didn't do the job...weird guy" you told him

"Ugh mordocai I'm so glad I killed his stupid bird" jack hissed.

You looked away from jack and laid on the cold floor. "His hair was shit. My ribs feel like shit....everything's shit." You blurted looking into the dark nothingness of the ship.

"Huh nice positivity. Go to sleep kiddo...you'll need the rest. Hyperion isn't a walk in the park." Jack told you looking away .

You turned your head slightly and examined his serious face. You could barely remember the color of his hair or eyes. You knew so little about him yet you trusted him to not kill you after this.

Weird right?

You thoughts drifted to Rhys. You had known him for years but he told you nothing about him knowing jack. Nothing about Hyperion. You trusted him. You loved him. But he destroyed you.

You bit your lip emotions welling. He used you. Abused you. You were nothing to him and yet you kept helping him.

You felt static brush your cheek. "I said to go to sleep not think about that ass." Jack said trying to sound annoyed but concern was sleeping through

"Sorry...was I crying?" You ask quietly.

"No dipshit I just wanted to touch your face....." he said before sighing. "Yes...you were."

"I wanna kill him jack. What if I do....what if you do?" You told him quietly.

His face held the same amount of emotion as yours. He laid a static hand on your shoulder. You didn't flinch.

"What if we both kill him?" Jack looked at you intensely.

"What if it's us..."