chapter 3: i hate the beach

You went and sat in the sand. Jack was staring at you still standing. "Princess why the hell are you sitting on the beach relaxing when rhys wants to kill you?" He asked with a fake sweetness.

"Rhys won't come here." You told him ignoring his tone. "How do you know that." Jack asked pinching the bridge of his nose.

"He knows I hate the beach. so this is the last place he'd think to look" you said casually looking at the waves. Jack sat in silence for a second before looking at you with a genuine curiosity. "Why?" He asked quietly settling beside you.

You smiled at his sudden interest. "Stuff from my past" you told him plainly. "That's it? that's all I get no story of heart ache and comedy." Jack asked looking at you.

"Psh what do you want to know jack?" You asked meeting his gaze with a smile. He grinned in return.

"Well how did you end up with me?" Jack replied. "I stole you from rhys. I was gonna sell you to earn some extra cash." You told him.

Jack gave you a small smirk. "Well I'm glad I got stuck with you sweet cheeks."

You giggled lightly before staring at the sand quietly.  "Yeah I'm glad your here too‚ jack. Now I don't have to be alone" you told giving him a faint smile. With that his entire demeanor changed.

"Wait alone? Don't you have rhys?" He asked staring expectedly at you.  Your smile disappeared.

"Rhys didn't need me...I was just there when everyone else was busy or when he was bored....I was just a play thing...though it still hurts that he wants me dead." You explained . You felt a static hand try to pat your shoulder but it just phased through causing you to shiver.

Then it was jacks turn to sigh. "Maybe when I get my body back I'll be better comfort but.....your better then him don't let him hurt you...you seem pretty great so far cupcake"

You smiled sadly at jack. "Yeah I seem like it huh" you replied standing up walking back to the parking lot. Jack followed close behind. "So where to jack" you asked letting the conversation slip away.

"Well if we can get up into helios I should be able to get my body from there." He explained. You stopped in your tracks. " you want me to get you into one of the biggest corporations with a guy trying to murder me? "

"That's the objective" he replied continuing to your bike. "Your insane!" You hissed.

    Jack raised an eyebrow at you. " sure except I dont throw mugs and pick up the sharp contents with my bare hands. " You

You sighed and got on the bike. "We need to make a stop first." You told him before peddling out of the parking lot. Jack said nothing in response and just followed.

You hummed to yourself enjoying the light breeze caused by your movement. You looked at the sights of the city silently enjoying the quiet.

"Huh I don't think I've ever been in this part of the city princess" Jack told you his own eyes wandering.

You said nothing in response before skidding to a stop in front of a small run down pawn shop. You tied your bike up before leading jack inside.

"Woah." He said looking at the piled high shelves of stuff.
" Woah indeed" you said smirking confidently. You looked across the shelves searching two of them before finding what you wanted. You went up to the counter and set a broad handle pistol down.

Jack stared at skeptically. "What the fuck is that gonna do?"

"Hey this gun has saved my life multiple times." You hissed at him. A old burly looking man came out of a door.

"Ah....y/n You came back for it huh?" He stated giving you a dirty look.

" look dick wad just sell me the gun so I can leave" you snarled slamming some currency in the counter.
"Holy shit! You look pissed" Jack laughed watching the heated interaction.

"You know rhys came in here looking for you."  The make told you passing you the gun. " well markus if you'd like to keep your head keep your mouth shut" you hissed turning you back in him.

"Y/n you've changed"

"Well it was the people like you who did that too me so suck a sick you bastard." You hissed.

You didn't meet his gaze. You paused for a second before storming out the door.

Jack looked at you with surprise in his eyes. "I didn't know you could be that big of a bitch!"

" Suprise" you muttered getting in the bike.

"You know feisty girls are kinda hot"

"Go suck a dick jack"