Chapter 14

I felt somebody stand up and start to carry me down stairs. I cracked my eyes open a little, scared to see what was happening. I decided to properly wake up and observe where I was. I sat up only to find myself in a car. A Range Rover in fact.

"Wakey wakey sleeping ugly" a boy chuckled.

"Shut up Chucky! I don't recall any girls calling your phone recently is it because they noticed the troll creeping out" I snapped. This is the first I've seen Bradley since the whole thing.

"Oh yeah! What do you think I've been doing all this time? In your bed!" he held his stomach as he laughed so hard.

"You disgust me. I'm actually ashamed to call you my brother!". No matter how far away Bradley and I were, we would always maintain such a strong bond. It was really complicated. Not a lot of people know this but Bradley and I are actually adopted. He's always been there for me when I was little.

"I heard you got into a fight at school today!" he said and even gave me an eyebrow of disappointment.

I turned my head away from him slightly because I was too ashamed of my self to face him.

"Bradley listen I'm sorry bu-" I began.

"No Alex you listen! You could have at least sent the girl to hospital. But for your first fight- I guess you did pretty good".

I was speechless. Did I hear that all correctly? Did I actually just get praised for beating up a girl? Haha! Wait! What?

"What?" I asked really confused. I didn't get hit that many times. Did i?

On the way home Bradley started to rant on about his pervious fights and how he's never lost one before.

"Fighting runs in our blood you know" Bradley boasts.

"How so?"

"Well our Father" he only said father to let me know that he's talking about our real dad-"and our grandfather were both cage fighters. I wanted to become one but Mother did want me to get hurt. She was always worrying". We hardly spoke about our birth parents. It just hurt too much. It brought back too many bad memories.

"Anyway, it looks like you're going to need some ice for that eye once I take you home" Bradley said but he was clearly distracted by something else.

My phone went off and it was a message from Taylor saying ~

Hi Alex
How's Melissa doing?
I hope she's okay.
The party has been held back because I know she wanted to be there.
Let me know
- Taylor

Awwww! How cute. He actually waited for Melissa. Wait! He better not be crushing on her. Actually that wouldn't be so bad. Ehh! I'll let Melissa decide.

Hi Taylor
Melissa's okay she hasn't woken up yet tho :(
Thanks for thinking about her and the party and stuff she'll appreciate it a lot and so do I.
Thanks for everything Taylor. You're the best. ;)
I'll speak to you soon bye
- Alex

"Who you texting?" Bradley asked blankly.

"No one"

"Alex!" he said with no emotions but still raised his voice.

"Calm down man just chill i was texting Taylor" I gasped sarcastically just to annoy him.

"Oh. What does he want?"

"What do YOU want? Why are you asking all these questions all of a sudden?".

"What does he want?!" Bradley demanded.

"What?"

"Alex answer me for goodness sakes!" he said whilst grabbing my wrists tight. It was starting to hurt me.

"You're hurting me Bradley. Let go!" I tried to struggle out of his grip. We were parked in my drive but mom wasn't home so I couldn't even scream so she could come save me.

"Let me go! You're hurting me! Bradley! Let go!". I screams at the top if my lungs but that did no use. Bradley was never usually like this. He would be protecting me not the one to hurt me.

He let go once he saw me starting to cry.

"I'm sorry Alex. I didn't mean to get you scared. I don't know what came over me." I saw the pain and guilt in his eyes.

*knock knock*
Somebody was knocking on the window closest to me.

"Alex!"

"Taylor?"

"Open the door!"

I turned to look at Bradley. "Open up the door."

"No! You're not going with him. Alex you have to trust me! I know I hurt you but please don't go with him. I'd rather you go with that Rooney guy instead or Kyle or Jake but NOT Taylor." He pleaded.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? I'm a big girl. I can make my own decisions. Bradley please just unlock to door". He refused to make eye contact with me but he did unlock the door.

I quickly ran out and fell right into Taylor's arms that he gladly invited me into.

"Are you okay? I saw what he did to you!" Taylor said with genuine concern.

"Yeah I just want to go home" I released myself from Taylor.

I looked up and smiled at him.

"Um...would you like to come in and watch a movie or something...i mean only if you want to?" I say sounding so desperate.

"Sure." I lead the way to my house and quickly scrambled for my keys.

"Nice house? Who do you live with?" He asked as he took his seat on the edge of my bed.

"Just me and my mom, well, my adopted mom. My real mom died when I was 9" Taylor looked really shocked. I've learned to bottle up my feelings so this topic doesn't really bother me anymore.

"What about your dad, your real one?".

"Umm..." I swallowed a big lump in my throat.

"I'm sorry Alex I didn't mean to upset you. I shouldn't have asked." He said in a rush.

"No it's fine" I took a deep breath an began.

"Well when my mother died my father started to drink to get his mind off of her but then he became really violent. I would come home from school and my father would beat me and punch me for a reason that only God knows. He would shout at me but only when nobody was home so Bradley never knew. I didn't want to tell him because I was scared of what would happen to me. So this continued for months maybe even years, but then one day my father came home and didn't know that Bradley was there so he came into the kitchen and hit me repeatedly. Bradley heard my screams so he came running in to save me. My father got the knife from the cupboard next to me and nearly stabbed me but Bradley jumped in front of me and blocked the knife from me and got stabbed in his leg. He grabbed the knife and stabbed my father right in his heart." I cried so hard and fell right into Taylor's chest.

"It's okay Alex. At least he can't hurt you anymore." Taylor was so sweet to comfort me like that I think Rooney will really appreciate it.

I looked up and fell deep into the gaze of Taylor's deep eyes. He leaned down and I leaned up to kiss him. Is this really happening? Oh my god. I'm going to kiss Taylor.

Ohhhh Alex is bad! Her boyfriends best friend ever. Oh gosh! Alex I though that you was eyre than that. Anyways do you guys like it? please comment and vote and follow. Put all improvements ini the comment box please.
Love ya all xx