Chapter 13

I was baffled at the sight of seeing this happen right in front of me.

My best friends and my enemy having a fight. Melissa was winning by far but then Claire, remember her the one who locked to bathroom door as I got battered, decides to join in a punch Melissa repeatedly.

Obviously I'm not just gonna stand there and watch her get hurt so my only instinct was to jump in and save her.

Lauren got up off of the floor and was about to jump onto Melissa but I threw down my bag and did something I have been dying to do since the 3rd grade.

I grabbed Lauren by her hair, threw her onto the ground, kicked her plenty of times, bent over and punched her in her face. It felt so good to do that to her. I left her there crying her eyes out and turned to Melissa who was now on the floor so I grabbed Claire and said-

"This is for tormenting me" then punched her in her face,
"This is for hurting my best friend" I kicked her in her belly and watched as she doubled over,
"And this is just for fun" I smirked and then slapped her in the face.

With that I helped Melissa get up and helped her make her way to the nurse.

Once we sat at the waiting room a worried and breathless Rooney came running through the door.

"What's this about you being in a fight?" he asked. I could tell that he was angry so I bowed my head in shame.

"The only reason that I got involved was because they were attacking Melissa."

"Alex it's alright I'm just happy that you're okay" he said as he pulled me in for a hug. I was way too tired to start an argument so I just hugged him back cherishing every moment. To tell the truth I really missed Rooney, jut the feeling of being in his arms.

I felt a tapping at my shoulder so I turned around and not even a second later Melissa's arm dropped and she fell right off of the chair knocked out.

"Help! Somebody help me please! Rooney call the ambulance! Get the nurse!" I screamed. After that that was a blur. It all went past so fast, Melissa was taken away to hospital so Rooney and I went to the hospital to stay with her.

I have been waiting with her for nearly two hours now and she still hasn't woken up yet. I was becoming so scared for her. Rooney just came back from the toilet and when I saw him in couldn't help but cry my eyes out.

"Am I going to lose my best friend?" I sobbed.

"Of course not. Melissa will be okay". He rocked me back and forth in his arms and I slowly drifted off.