Chapter 11

Later that night Rooney, Kyle, Jake, Taylor and I all ate pizza, the BBQ based one. Yum! I had to head home as it was just coming up to 11:45 pm and I only live across the street. Rooney walked me to my front door. I hugged him goodbye just before my phone rang.

*Unknown Number*
Strange I answered it and held my phone in between my shoulder and ear for support and I searched my bag for my house keys.

"Hello" I say uncertainly because I had no clue to who it was.

"Hi! Alex! Is that you?" a manly yet soft voice said over the phone.

"Yeah. Who is this?" I was stunned to know that this unknown knew my name.

"It's Bradley! How are you?" he said I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Bradley! Is it actually you?" A tear fell down my face because I was so happy to hear his voice.

"Yeah it's me Al! Listen I heard you moved here to New York a couple of years ago and only now I am speaking to you!"

"Yeah. I never had your number so I couldn't call you. Wait a sec!" I said whilst bursting into my house with a smile plastered on my face. I ran straight into my room. The downstairs was still ruined but my mum had called some people and they were working on getting this place back to normal. Luckily my room wasn't effected. It was just the kitchen and some of the living room so I was allowed back to stay here.

"Hello?" I ask.

"I'm still here. So do you mind if I pop round to see you?".

"What? Now?" I asked. "Isn't it a bit late?" I ask with curiosity in my voice.

"I'm not gonna get hurt it's just so that I can see you. Please Alex it's been nearly 4 years." I could her the desperation in his voice so I couldn't resist.

"Alright. If you have to. I'll text you my address"

"There's no need I already know"

"How?" I asked with confusion.

"I have my ways"

"Okay whatever you say".

Not even 10 mins had passed when I heard a knock at the door. I ran straight down the stairs to see Bradley leaned up against the door frame.

"Oh Bradley! It's been too long!"

"I know" we both hugged each over so tightly that we both nearly passed out.

"I've missed you so much. These past 4 years have been miserable without you"

"Well it hasn't exactly been paradise for me either" he laughed.

"Are you hungry? I'll go put some chips in the oven for you" I said whilst realising that my kitchen has nothing left of it. Oh this is just great!

"What happened here?" he said as he took a good look at the place.

I couldn't tell him what happened. I know Bradley he'll flip if he finds out.

"Um...nothing, just a cooking incidence" I said instantly feeling guilty for lying to him.

"Don't lie to me Alex. What happened. If you don't tell me I will find out one way or another just tell me." She said as he death stared me.

"Well...um...-" then the front door bell went off. Phew! saved by the door bell. Bradley made his way to the door and opened it. Rooney stood there waiting for the door to open as it did and he saw who opened the door his facial expression wet from happy to angry in a mater of seconds. Bradley had his famous smirk on his face. This can't be good. By why was Rooney so angry?

"Hi Rooney!" I said as I went to go hug him. He hugged me but he kept his eye on Bradley.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this a pleasant surprise!" Bradley seemed to be amused.

"What is he doing here?" Rooney's jaw clenched. He looked at me directly in the eye. "Did he hurt you?" Rooney looked too serious for my likings.

"What are you on about Rooney?" I looked back at Bradley and before I know it Bradley is on top of Rooney, both throwing punches. What in the name of dolphins is going on?

"Stop! Stop!" I scream. I see Taylor, Kyle and Jake running towards my house to help me break up the fight.

"What the hell are you playing at?!" I can't believe that, that just happened. Bradley just stood there smiling.

"Oh! I haven't seen you in 4 freakin years and when you finally decide to see me you get into a fight with my boyfriend!" Well, technically we aren't going out but I just wanted to say boyfriend. "What is so funny for you to be smirking like a noony?"

"A noony? What's that?" Taylor laughed.

"Don't worry! And you Rooney why the hell are you acting like that?".

"Like what?"" he asked in defence.

"Fighting with my older brother!"

"Your BROTHER!" all the boys, except from Bradley of course, said in unison.

"Yes my brother. Who else would it be? My secret boyfriend?!" I asked sarcastically.

"You mean, Bradley's your older brother! Well that's interesting because I can tell you a lot of things about your brother-" he was cut off by Bradley.

"I suggest you shut your mouth before you say something you regret" I have never seen my brother act this way before.

"Let me tell you something about your brother here Alex" he begins.

"Please stop you're scaring me" I pleaded.

"Oh this isn't scary, what's scary is that your brother can walk around this neighbourhood and not feel ashamed, ashamed if what he did to me and what he did to you".

"What?" I asked really hesitantly.

"Bradley killed my older brother, Nathan. He's the one who stole my brothers life, he's the one who forced me to join his gang and he's also the one who-"

Oh boy please don't say it!

"-who nearly got you killed for sending the order to burn down your house!" I could see the hurt in Rooney's eyes as if to say that he's been holding that all in for a very long time.

"You-" I said slowly.

"Wait Alex listen to me-" Bradley begged.

"It was you!"i said calmly before screaming, " It was you who burnt down my home! It was you who gave me these horrible burns and scars!" I lifted up my selves to reveal them and lifted up my jeggings. " This was all your fault. You killed someone and nearly got your own sister killed! how could you!".

"Alex plea-" he started before he was rudely cut off by me.

"No Bradley. Ha! You know what's funny? I thought that when you came to see me today that you would be my protective big brother again just like old times. But now I realise that the only person I need to be protected from is you!" I started to cry so hard.

"Alex! Please! I'm sorry! What do you want me to do ?"

"I want you to drop these boys from your "gang", apologise to Rooney and I want you to stay out of my life forever!"

"Okay if that's what you want. I will just leave. But only if that's what you really want. "

"Urgh! Of course I don't want you to go but I just can't except the things that you have done. I love you Bradley and you know that but I jut need time to go over all this." I was so relieve to get that all out.

"Alright I will call you later Al " he kissed my cheek and left.

Wow! You wasn't expecting that you? You might of thought that Bradley was Alex's old boyfriend or something right? Well he's her brother. Stuff will happen! There will be more to come.
Thank you all again. Love you x